Author Topic: I made ALL the protoboards (more than 7000 gerber files to download)  (Read 8103 times)

Offline wizard69

• Super Contributor
Re: I made ALL the protoboards (more than 7000 gerber files to download)
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2022, 07:59:23 pm »
Thanks for the post of code and the web site!!!! :-+ :-+

I never even heard of Gerbolyze before this post and this web site for the perf boards is pretty amazing.   I don't have an immediate need for perf  or proto boards at the moment but this software can benefit other needs.   One of which is to better learn python.   I'm thinking the software could easily be extended to create drill patterns, either gerbers or more generic G-code, for ventilation and other uses, on enclosures, LED displays and the like.   I know this may turn stomachs but just imagine being able to generate drill patterns taken from SVG's, or whatever.   So you can put ventilation holes in your project that are shaped like a frog, flower or a coke bottle.   I know I'm drifting here from the intended purpose of the software but this post just got my  imagination turning.

It is actually taking me some time to grasp usage but so far most interesting.   I'm not sure if I will ever need 7 much less 7000 different perf boards in my life but this is really cool .

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2022, 11:06:25 am »
In a similar way a layout I'm thinking about adding to my script is this fairly genius one sold by a Japanese electronics shop. Pictures attached. These boards have a normal, plated through hole 100 mil grid, but diagonally in between these normal pads they have small round SMD pads. Those SMD pads are connected with solder mask-covered traces in horizontal rows on one side, and vertical rows on the other side. This makes them awesome for power distribution.

https://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/g/gP-07214/

I have not seen similar proto boards anywhere else though, and that store does not ship internationally (they're a really small shop in Akihabara, Tokyo and they do most of their business in person).

Did you add that one to your script? I checked the site and it didn't seem to be there (but perhaps I didn't understand how to filter it).
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline kellandrasue

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2022, 02:58:29 am »
Aw, is the site down? I was all excited... is there a trick to opening the link?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf