Author Topic: Identify this LCD?  (Read 592 times)

Offline SeoulBigChrisTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • "Unencumbered by the thought process"
Identify this LCD?
« on: August 29, 2019, 11:27:34 pm »
My wife got a new car last month, and the dealer installed a third-party radio / navigation console.  On delivery, we got a box of parts that were removed for the installation.  None of the parts were interesting except this one LCD.  I figure that an LCD designed to withstand the interior dashboard temperatures of car in the summer heat must be pretty rugged.  But I can't find any information online about this display, other than locating the manufacturer's site: http://www.trulyamerica.com/products/tft-modules/

The car is made by Kia, called the Kia Morning.  I thought it was not exported, but a quick Google search shows that it is called the Picanto in other countries.

Offline wictor

• Regular Contributor
Re: Identify this LCD?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 08:45:50 am »
Hi!
Quite often they are custom designs and there is no datasheets available online. Sometimes it's hard to get the datasheet even though you are buying thousands of displays.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Re: Identify this LCD?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 04:40:33 pm »
Well I can't get you too far, but the LCD is made by Truly Semiconductor Ltd. I suspect that the company originates in Korea, so at least you speak the same language.

I managed to get as far as their standard products on their US site...  http://www.trulyamerica.com/products/tft-modules/#

EDIT: Sorry, looking at the company info, that might be China. If you have the unit that it plugs into, Kia are very good at documenting their interface connector pinouts in their service manuals.

P.S. Sorry, I completely missed that you had already found the Truly site.  :-[
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:00:41 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf