Author Topic: How to generate 675Vdc with 25V Maximum Ripple from 50Hz 220Vrms?  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Kim Christensen

• Super Contributor
Re: How to generate 675Vdc with 25V Maximum Ripple from 50Hz 220Vrms?
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2023, 11:12:48 pm »
It's funny that the guy never went and looked for an off the shelf solution. Seems to be lots of high power AC to DC power supplies out there. Maybe he saw the price...
If you mean by 'the guy' me, I am an ordinary independent engineer who has no more the privilege to order and buy anything from abroad (due to the World's Regulations, not applied on Canadians :) ).

I meant the guy who made the request to you. But now I understand how your country's import restrictions would motivate someone find an unconventional solution.
I still think that a change over switch, especially if operated manually, would be the simplest low tech solution for the guy and could probably be procured locally or be unrestricted.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 11:14:46 pm by Kim Christensen »

Offline KerimFTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: How to generate 675Vdc with 25V Maximum Ripple from 50Hz 220Vrms?
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2023, 11:49:43 pm »
It's funny that the guy never went and looked for an off the shelf solution. Seems to be lots of high power AC to DC power supplies out there. Maybe he saw the price...
If you mean by 'the guy' me, I am an ordinary independent engineer who has no more the privilege to order and buy anything from abroad (due to the World's Regulations, not applied on Canadians :) ).

I meant the guy who made the request to you. But now I understand how your country's import restrictions would motivate someone find an unconventional solution.
I still think that a change over switch, especially if operated manually, would be the simplest low tech solution for the guy and could probably be procured locally or be unrestricted.

I agree with you.
But perhaps, I say perhaps because I am not sure of his situation, his load (as a power motor for example) has to work on 3 phases and his AC source is of one phase only. Even if this is the case, it is better for him to look for a 1-phase to 3-phase converter and a manual 3-phase changeover switch.

A philosopher: A living thing has no choice but to execute its pre-programmed instructions embedded in it (known as instincts).
Therefore, the only freedom, a human may have, is his ability to oppose or not his natural robotic nature.
But, by opposing it, such a human becomes no more of this world.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf