Author Topic: Large spring-loaded connectors with about 5 mm of stroke  (Read 482 times)

Offline joelsaTopic starter

Large spring-loaded connectors with about 5 mm of stroke
« on: December 07, 2021, 07:15:30 pm »
Hi everybody,

I am looking for large pogo pins, or spring-loaded connectors, with a large amount of stroke/travel (about 5mm is needed), e.g. similar to this one:

This is 5 mm grid paper, so the total length is about 15 mm, the stroke is almost exactly 5 mm. I feel quite lost here because I have spent hours clicking myself through the websites of the large distributors (Digikey, Mouser, etc.) and also sifting though the catalogue of Mill-Max, but I haven't found anything that comes close. Most connectors there are much thinner and only have up to 3 mm in stroke. This is particularly frustrating as I have seen similar sized Pogo-pins in the wild, for example they are used on this LTE-Module that can be put onto a Raspberry Pi Zero:

Does anybody here have a clue where I can look for such large pogo-pins, or did any of you already work with similar connectors in the past?

Any hint is greatly appreciated
Regards, Joel

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: joelsa

Offline joelsaTopic starter

Re: Large spring-loaded connectors with about 5 mm of stroke
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 08:56:25 pm »
Thank you very much Mike!

The site does indeed look very promising and I'm sure I'll find something fitting there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf