Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

LCD Sourcing Troubles

(1/6) > >>

Lowkus:
I was looking for a 7" TFT LCD w/Touch to use in my first ever electronics project.  Because I'm planning on the project being something I eventually sell I wanted to find an LCD supplier that would do large quantity at cheap prices.  I found one on Alibaba called "Microtech Technology Company Limited" that was offering what I was looking for at a price of $25 for low-quantity orders of 1 to 99 pieces, with lower prices if I ordered more than that.  Here's where the problem begins... I contacted that company for more information and they said the price on Alibaba was "advertising" and that the REAL price to buy it is $80 per piece, or if I get a cheaper version of the LCD with lower nits and cheaper materials they'd sell those to me for $50 per piece.  I have a very low opinion of Chinese companies due to past interactions, but this company's behavior seems extra lame.  Now I have to decide if I am going to find a different supplier, or drop the LCD entirely from the project for some bland alternative, or I could simply accept that the Chinese lie as a matter of their nature and go forward with purchasing the LCD at the higher price.  I'm looking for suggestions on how to approach this, and if you know of honest and inexpensive suppliers of LCD's for mass production then I'd be interested in getting that information.  I have not yet replied to the Microtech saleswoman, I want to get some feedback here before I craft my reply.

Rishles69@:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0CN3MSNKY?tag=bgms-21&ascsubtag=bing_6603d2452ddde its also a 7 inch tft w/ 800x480 res

moffy:
If you have a doubt about the company, which you certainly should, don't go ahead with them.

Lowkus:
Part of me wonders if this is just some cultural difference that I am not understanding.  I can't fathom an ethical company lying about their product prices, but if it's a common occurrence in their culture then I wouldn't necessarily want to hold that against them, although it does just generally piss me off that I can't get straight information about prices.  It's the second Alibaba company in the last month to blatantly lie to me about their product prices.

Rishles69@:
hmmm thats a good point, maybe can you try the raspberry pi 7 inch tft?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version