Author Topic: With ökofen part Conversion/Creation of a pellet stove  (Read 1476 times)

Offline IriliaTopic starter

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
With ökofen part Conversion/Creation of a pellet stove
« on: March 19, 2024, 09:55:49 pm »
Hello, I have project to do, I tried to do it without a micro controller, but after 2 prototype and a lot of  |O it just not possible, I don't have a brain to use only Logic components.
My real problem is that I can make 80% of the code in separate parts but I can't assemble the different parts together and get them to compile I'm not able to understand the syntax (learning disability, I have the same problem with ponctuation in text). Also I'm completely unable to do over the basics one.
So I need someone that can help me to assemble the code together and correct my error.
If I can find anyone I can't continue, what is very frustrating.
Best regards Irilia.

Offline Manul

• Super Contributor
Re: Need help for programming Arduino
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 10:30:21 pm »
Welcome. Can you show us your code? And describe a little more what exactly is the problem?

Offline Infraviolet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 12:56:41 am »
Describe the overall project too. Doing something with "only logic components" can sometimes be one of those things where, however good your brain is, you struggle to think of an answer, but it becomes completely obvious when someone else who's already met the problem before shows you their solution.

Offline aliarifat794

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 03:44:38 pm »
Hi, what project are you trying to do?

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 08:56:14 pm »
I haven't worked on the code for now because, this will take a lot of time to find the different parts and having them working individually, so I need to be sure I don't do that for nothing.
The project is to redo the program for the pellet stove, it's not something incredible but I need it because the original program lack half of the security, and is not able to adapt it's asked temperature in fonction of the room temperature, yes it's very stupid.
I will do the logic tree so it's more easy to understand the program  ;)
I have a YouTube channel where I want to present interesting project but obviously I will need help for the code.

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 06:08:42 am »
This is the start of the program>

Prog start : start switch> test > fan O+I >
if fail> stop+ start Alarm+ report the error in the log.
If work > continue > start heater > start fan O speed X0 > wait until Sk0 is at temp K0 > start Mp > speed X1 > wait until Sk1 is at temp K1 > continue to prog thermostat.

Please tell me if it makes sense, or if I need try to make it more clear. Thanks  :)

Online BTO

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 07:22:57 am »
This is the start of the program>

Prog start : start switch> test > fan O+I >
if fail> stop+ start Alarm+ report the error in the log.
If work > continue > start heater > start fan O speed X0 > wait until Sk0 is at temp K0 > start Mp > speed X1 > wait until Sk1 is at temp K1 > continue to prog thermostat.

Please tell me if it makes sense, or if I need try to make it more clear. Thanks  :)

OK,
1. No that doesn't make too much sense, it makes sense on a basic level but it still isn't enough for us to understand.

LET ME GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE (I've read everything you posted )
2. If i may ask, What learning limitation do you have , so we understand how to approach this.
Also, don't think that you can't approach this or that we can't hep you. (this is a common misconception)  we just need to CATER our answer
to you, if you put in effort, we will also

3. First you need to post the actual code that you have thus far

4. Now as for what you said... You are able to put the code segments together separately , but you can't combine them into 1 code.
THAT'S OK, that's just about understanding CODE STRUCTURE, if that's your only problem we can help you with that.

5. so tell us WHAT HARDWARE YOU'RE WORKING WITH
If Arduino,  Which Arduino ?
If ESP32,  Which Development board
Tell us the IDE that you're using and which version you are using

6. Then explain  WHAT IS THE PROGRAM SUPPOSED TO DO .
why is it necessary, what is it controlling
What is the overall goal that you're trying to achieve when this is all done and why are you not able to achieve that goal now ?

If you do that and upload the code, we can help you.
DON'T WORRY MATE, WE ARE HERE TO HELP   I also have a disability... Epilepsy,   in some cases (on a personal note) this can be viewed
as a learning disability , When i was younger i was made to feel like an idiot. In School i did about average, maybe a bit below.

Funny how times change, These days i'm an Electronics Engineer, I.T Engineer and Telecommunications Technician.
My customers refer to me as "Genius" , "Expert", "A Lifesaver"  i'ts funny how one day you can be doing 2u Basic Math in the dumb class
and then all of a sudden without even thinking about it people call you a genius.
Truth be told, i'm a slow learner, However... Speed is not relevant here so much as CONTENT OF LEARNING and what you retain.

I have learned all of C++  and Arduino and ESP32 and code structure even though i have also what you would call a learning disability.
I was told when i was younger that i'd be in a wheelchair for my entire life and not able to feed myself,    HAHA  SO MUCH FOR THAT .
that never happened. anyway, You get the idea .   
I don't know how old you are (I'm 50)  , but i can say it's easy to listen to people who tell you you can't do something.
At the end of the day if you have people who have your best intentions AND WE DO and you give us what we need to help you, We can help you.
BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO HAVE SOME CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF OK.

I have also had customers who have literally said to me "i'm stupid, i can't learn anything, it's just a mental condition that i have"
and then i proceeded to teach the customer a few things and the next time i saw them they gained enough confidence to get a job they believed they couldn't get or achieved something they thought was impossible

Now i do accept there are circumstances where people genuinely can't learn new information. if that's the case, we can't help you.
but mate... THAT IS VERY VERY VERY RARE and if it were the case, you wouldn't be posting what you're posting anyway.

My bet is we can help you. Just follow my instructions and give us the info we need.
worse case scenario, i can jump on zoom with you one on one and help you if you need it.

speak soon
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

The following users thanked this post: tooki, BILLPOD, Irilia

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2024, 02:42:14 am »
I read that and go back  ;)

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 03:46:36 am »
My learning difficulty is a bit strange (I have to precise this is from my experience not related to what people say) generally I learn what is above the base, but I don't have the basics. I have also a problem with the ponctuation, I never know where I'm supposed to put it because my brain just ignore it when I read) my general learning way is by trying trying trying, but this just doesn't work with dev in HTML or Arduino it's the same. Also I have dyslexia but told me I was doing good about that to never have been helped when younger) in school I was considered as a lazy genius (thanks for the help school you were really useless). Now I'm considered as a genius, but I have my limit.
For math it's very simple this give me migraine, and I make a lot of errors it's extremely annoying.
Otherwise I was trying to do a very simplified programming block diagram was possibly a bit too simplified, obviously the legend aren't added what didn't help you to understand for sure.
So I will start to work on the code now that I know someone is ok to help me  :) (because you can imagine how it's frustrating to have the electronics assembled and no code to run it.)
The part list is: 1* esp32 S3, 3* Motor 1 Phase AC (fume extractor, heat circulation, pellet distribution), 1* dot pixels LCD, 1* 16 key matrix keyboard, 1*rotary encoder, 2* modbus Temperatur humidity Sensor (1* for the inside the house, one for outside the house), 5* type k temperature sensor+ there board max 6675 (1* fume extraction, 1* burner, 1* flame, 1* heat exchanger, 1* pellet storage),1* heater (relay), 1* 12v power supply. Will Also include some 74HC595 & 74HC165 for more input output. The code should be in Arduino last IDE for windows
For direct contact I have discord.
Best regards Irilia.

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2024, 11:20:09 am »
Your project seems like better to use a programmable controller than the Arduino.

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2024, 09:29:06 pm »
A PLC look more like a type of torture for my point of view  |O

Offline sudni

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2024, 09:52:44 pm »
Please take time to discover Visuino, another flavor to write program
https://www.visuino.com/
 ;)

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2024, 12:06:56 am »
Please take time to discover Visuino, another flavor to write program
https://www.visuino.com/
 ;)

I understand your recommendation, but I'm not sure if it will help me to learn more , also I'm sure there is multiple exception that will be problematic for the software

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2024, 02:55:59 am »
For now I have to wait for the parts to be delivered, I have some of them but I was missing the majority will be there in approximately 10 day.

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
Re: With ökofen part Conversion/Creation of a pellet stove
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2024, 05:38:44 am »
Not having a big budget, and the stove I have being extremely bad. I decided the most intelligent to do for the next winter is tu buy the different parts from ökofen the minimum just to have the zeroflame working (I know the risk with a pellet stove if not built and controlled correctly. But don't worry I always pay attention at what I do) so my goal is to use way less pellet for the same heat. For that I will take the minimum of part from ökofen to have the zeroflame working, because I need a stove and not a boiler they only do boilers anyway. The rest I will do with part from AliExpress or Alibaba. With that I should have the best stove in the market in terms of efficiency no other stove use zeroflame. I will also take a better pellet for a better efficiency. I will give news when the project start
Best regards Irilia.

Offline inse

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2024, 01:50:54 pm »
Just a couple of questions, Irilia:
The Zeroflame seems to be advertised for minimizing dust emissions, why do you expect higher efficiency?
For my understanding losses are mainly caused by exhaust gases temperature, is your chimney suitable for lower temperatures (condensation issues)?
Does the heating power of a boiler system fit to your stove project? This seem to be different classes.
Will Ökofen sell you the single components at all?

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2024, 06:59:36 pm »
Importing the pellet from below is the most efficient way to genrate heat because the maximum of the gaz are burn (what classic pellet stove don't do)

They are know to be open at selling to customer directly if asked so I will see  :)

Offline inse

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 09:54:34 pm »
At least the German branch needed a little persuasion to sell me a simple replacement part directly, maybe it’s easier at your place..

• Contributor
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2024, 07:53:53 pm »
I will work on it when the PC is no longer in Standby, I did some work in the house so a lot of things needed to move, at least I received the part for the actual stove  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf