Author Topic: Need help with this Chinese thyristors triggering board  (Read 758 times)

Offline shamoooootTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Need help with this Chinese thyristors triggering board
« on: December 17, 2022, 04:02:09 pm »
Hello again..

Again following to my multiple posts about thyristors triggering board, I came to a low cost board which might be the hidden gem that I was looking for..

So I need a triggering board which is able to drive thyristors such as (s8006l), and I found this board on Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000321965732.html

However my concern is that I want this board to be able to drive only one (half wave half controlled rectifier), two or even four thyristors and not only 6 thyristors (3-phase bridge type controlled rectifier) and my problem simply is that the seller apparently doesn't know if the board is able to do that!.

According to some diagrams they included, there mentioned that the board gives an error and stop producing pulses if not all outputs are connected to "Load", I am very curious how this claimed feedback works and if it is true is there a way around it?.

Simply the question I asked them "if I didn't connect all the G (gate) and K (cathode), will the board give an error and stop producing output/pulses?"

https://us-icbuim-file.oss-us-east-1.aliyuncs.com/file/7f9f1969e66a744b2c00cd007b79ebd4.pdf?Expires=1671400716&OSSAccessKeyId=LTAIxlzvmECyZvmX&Signature=A7K276THs%2F6WelS1pER%2B7fCquqk%3D&response-content-disposition=fileName%3D%E4%B8%89%E7%9B%B8%E8%A7%A6%E5%8F%91%E6%9D%BF.pdf

Online mag_therm

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Need help with this Chinese thyristors triggering board
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 06:51:19 pm »
Without knowing, it is possible that if the board sequencing logic is only configured for 6 pulse ,
that configuration will not work for single phase.
Looking at the 4 images, they only show either a 6 pulse rectifier, or a 3 phase AC to AC controller.
And as there is no input for a separate phasing transformer, probably phasing info is obtained from the cathode connections, with all 6 being needed.
Maybe someone can translate the notes in the images.

There is no market for a board like that for single phase as it is no longer used at high power these days.

The following users thanked this post: shamooooot

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 07:54:20 pm »
There is some market. I can find several single phase thyristor controllers on aliexpress similar to the one linked here.
You can also buy a phase angle controlled SSR (with 2-10V input) for similar results.

This three phase board will probably not work properly with single phase.

Online mag_therm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 09:35:46 pm »
There is some market. I can find several single phase thyristor controllers on aliexpress similar to the one linked here.
You can also buy a phase angle controlled SSR (with 2-10V input) for similar results.

This three phase board will probably not work properly with single phase.
The problem with single phase scr controllers is that the Total Harmonic Distortion
ranges from about 25% at 45 degrees to 115% at 120 degrees. Ref:
https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/19158636.pdf
Most countries have standards (not sure about China and Netherlands)
Japan has strictest standards that I know of.

In USA, IEEE 519 (I only have older revision) had maximum of 4% THD up to 11th
for Isc/Il > 20 at consumers' PCC

So scrs are not used much now for larger 1 Phase loads, and Power Factor Correction is being used for single phase rectification even at small ratings.

Offline shamoooootTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 05:22:10 am »
Hi Jeroen

I am now interested in the phase angle controlled SSR you mentioned as the board I bought giving me hard time, can you share more details or schematics with me please.

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 08:11:36 pm »
yeah sure, this one for example: Crydom 10PCV2415 https://nl.farnell.com/crydom/10pcv2415/relay-ssr-15a/dp/1608069
Schematic is easy, just put it in series with your load, and supply 2-10Vdc to turn it on proportionally. (note that it needs 5mA)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf