Author Topic: Need supplier of PTC Thermistor to repair Panasonic Microwave Combination Oven.  (Read 593 times)

Offline GlengardenerTopic starter

I am trying to repair a Panasonic Combination Microwave Oven. The microwave section is working fine and we still use it regularly.
The Oven section has stopped working due to the failure of the Oven temperature sensor which is an encapsulated thermistor capable of withstanding oven temperatures (up to 220 deg F).
This item should cost pennies but we have been trying to source it for nearly a year.
Panasonic cannot supply it and will not allow customers to contact their service engineers.
The Partmaster: Stock No is 1582602PM  but Partmaster no longer stock it and I have searched the internet to try and replace it.
We have managed, with difficulty and the assistance of an on-line contact to obtain a Service Manual for the device and this identifies the component. It gives some rough guidance to the temperature/resistance values.
The device has failed/open circuit (resulting in being unable to take any measurements) The Service manual, page 30, point 9, provides the following measurement details ... sensor should measure in the range of 360k to 800k ohms (between 50F and 90F) ... there is no indication of any other readings/specs, including whether this is an N or P coefficient sensor, however, the test details highly suggest the resistance goes UP with temperature

Based on these minimal details, expecting the following specs; Thermistor: 620k ohms at 77F (25 deg C) with a positive coefficient and slope of 7k to 8k ohms per degree F

The Model is a Panasonic Combination Microwave Oven NE-972
The Serial number is  QB 03459
The PTC Thermistor part Panasonic Part number is ANE605Y2LOAP
This item is mounted on a plate with a two screw fitting which we still have. One leg of this mounting is marked 67457 and  It is connected to the microwave via a two wire lead and a small pcb with a variable trimming resistor to give the exact temperature for oven control. We still have this part as well. All we need is the Thermistor. We have attached photos of the item with its' mounting and the attached pcb.
I have absolutely no wish to dispose of a complete piece of equipment just because I am unable to source one 10mm. long component which should cost only pennies.
If any "repairers" can give advice or know of any suitable item which we can purchase PLEASE do let me know.

Offline Conrad Hoffman

• Super Contributor
    • The Messy Basement
Not a clue and it looks like a really custom device. I'd probably start by getting a resistance box that covers the range and doing some mapping to be sure of what's needed. With that info I'd look at available sensors.

Offline andy3055

• Super Contributor
If you can find a parts unit ...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf