Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

One day project - 0-300 VDC adjustable power supply

(1/3) > >>

hacklordsniper:
Well sometimes i need a small power supply going up to 300 VDC for tests. Commercial power supplies in this voltage range are quite expensive and not easily available.

Since i tough this might be useful i decided to share it.

However i did not need anything fancy and decided to build one. First at the drawing board i made a SMPS with TL494, H-bridge feeding a transformer but i had some switching problems which made my gate driver IC-s die. Since i did not have anymore gate drive IC-s i decided to make something much simpler...

After about half of hour on the test board i came to a very simple and reliable design. The eagle schematics and board files are attached (this is not optimized board, i just used auto route to make it as quick as possible, this power supply PCB does not need any special design, however you can optimize it to better suit your flavor).

All parts are recycled except the fuse holder.

The maximal output voltage is approximately 330 VDC and minimal is around 1/4 VDC. The mosfet does not requite heatsink. The circuit is self explanatory, and feel free to ask any questions

WARNING - > ALTROUGH THIS POWERSUPPLY INPUT VOLTAGE IS 220 VAC DO NOT USE MAINS VOLTAGE TO POWER IT. IM USING A 12-220 VAC INVERTER AND IF YOU WILL POWER IT FROM LINE USE A SMALL ISOLATION TRANSFORMER. TRYING TO POWER THIS FROM THE GRID WILL KILL YOU!!!

Lightages:
Thank you for sharing this. One question, what do I open your files with?

Chet T16:
For some unknown reason i decided to wipe my computer today and install windows 7 so i can't check but the original post says they're eagle files

IanB:
You know, if someone doesn't post a circuit diagram as a plain picture (Dave CAD even), I'm not interested.

DavidDLC:
Harcklordspiner, what is the brand and model of your variable power supply ? ( I think is a switching variable power supply ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version