Author Topic: Pedometer with data storage and website uploads  (Read 2229 times)

Offline ngkee22Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Pedometer with data storage and website uploads
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:43:32 pm »
I found this project listed on another website (not my project) and was curious what kind of ideas people here had on how to solve it.  It looks interesting.  Leave your thoughts.

Here is a brief overview what what the people were looking for:

We are looking for a wi-fi (some standard) pedometer that can transmit daily data to a website.
We would like to produce a pedometer/physical activity recording device to be used by physical education/fitness professionals.
Produced for less than $10 per unit and sold for $60 per unit.
The device needs to be small, lightweight, durable, and attractive as close in size to a typical pedometer.
The device should be fully enclosed
The device needs to transmit packets of data when within 150 feet (via Zigbee) to a PC instantly and automatically.
Battery powered rechargeable or replaceable should last at least a year or so.
The device needs to measure activity/steps - light, moderate, vigorous physical activity - and be accurate (plus or minus 3%) using 3-axis accelerometer

Must be able to calculate if the user has been physically active at least 60 minutes a day; a minimum of accumulated steps as the data output; stores data over multiple days; transmitted data has unique user identifier as to sync with existing user data base by date/time.

Ideally, this device would be worn by students as they enter the gym and pass an internet active computer or other device that instantly downloads data from the device and uploads it to the website for student/parent viewing.

Online NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
Re: Pedometer with data storage and website uploads
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 08:47:33 pm »
TI MSP430 with integrated wireless connected to a low cost accelerometer. Then run it from two AA batteries, no regulation needed.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf