« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 11:17:31 am by daisizhou »
daisizhou#sina.com #=@

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Please help, how to calibrate this analyzer
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 10:06:48 am »
You need to consider legal and insurance consequences.

If you make a mistake and an ESU is incorrectly analysed and subsequently injures someone, who is liable to pay damages?

If there is an insurance claim and the investigation finds that a device does not have the paperwork indicating it is formally and traceably calibrated, I'll bet the insurance claim will be denied. Who is then liable to pay any damages?

In other words, you are on sinking sand :)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Brianf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 11:32:42 am »
...if you can understand how it is calibrated, please let me know, thanks a lot

Presumably there is a 'calibration manual' available to qualified people.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 11:35:24 am »
I have a properly calibrated ESU analyzer.And the calibration reference is the calibrated analyzer.
If certification is required, then I will use the calibrated 454a mainframe for certification, which is not a big problem. There are specialized agencies that do the certification, but they don't calibrate

You don't have to convince me.

You might have to convince insurance company loss adjusters looking to minimise a payout. And/or legal authorities.

I don't understand your distinction between "certification" and "calibration". How can something be formally certified if it isn't formally calibrated? I suspect that might be a language issue. A standard misunderstanding is that there are important differences between calibration is not adjustment.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 01:25:14 pm »
To be precise, before 2007, FLUKE was responsible for adjusting the calibration, and then the local management department was responsible for the certification.
But now I have to learn to adjust the calibration by myself, and then take it to the local management department for verification
The 454a looks like a digital multimeter to me.
According to professional laws, digital multimeters must be calibrated every year, but how many digital multimeters in your hands are actually taken to the measurement department for calibration and certification every year, so these are not problems

It doesn't matter what it looks like. What matters is what it is.

If a measurement is important, then the measuring instrument must be calibrated according to whatever schedule is specified.

If a measurement is important as far as legal authorities and/or insurance companies are concerned, then you need to be able to show that the measurement was within specified limits.

If the legal authorities and insurance companies never look, then you might skimp on the correct procedures.

But don't bother to try to convince me, since I have no interest in the answer.

Offline Brianf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 02:14:36 pm »
I have the owner's manual, but the manual doesn't describe how to calibrate it

Without that knowledge you stand zero chance.

But I don't know reverse assembly language, ...

Don't waste you time even thinking about going down that route. The EPROM is a 128kx8 device. That's a lot of code.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 04:41:44 am »
It means  stop asking  and maybe find another forum to ask theses questions

For liability, insurance, responsability and legal stuff   people here will be reluctant to help you

And previous threads already answered you

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
Re: sorry
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 09:20:54 am »
sorry

Here's two more things to apologise for: deleting the original post and changing the visible title. I hate "historical revisionism" (since Stalin had it down to a fine "art"), and IMNSHO it is better to simply admit you've understood and changed your mind.

The original topic was "please-help-how-to-calibrate-this-analyzer",
and the OP included "I have a properly calibrated ESU analyzer.And the calibration reference is the calibrated analyzer. If certification is required, then I will use the calibrated 454a mainframe for certification, which is not a big problem. There are specialized agencies that do the certification, but they don't calibrate"

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, tooki

Online daisizhouTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: sorry
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 11:16:56 am »
If you don't want to help others, forget it.

different countries have different laws.I did nothing wrong
daisizhou#sina.com #=@

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: --
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 11:26:36 am »
I hate "historical revisionism" (since Stalin had it down to a fine "art")
Note the flag in the original poster's profile and the country's history. I think it's cultural.

Don't waste people's time then.

Deleting content after people have replied is considered bad form here.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Online daisizhouTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 11:41:38 am »
First of all, some "unreasonable" people exist.I didn't want to delete the post initially.

1.I just want to make the instrument more accurate and have no commercial purpose.

2. Instrument assets belong to individuals

3.If I break the law, my country will punish me and I won't hurt anyone who helps me.

simply incomprehensible
daisizhou#sina.com #=@

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 11:43:32 am »
--

He did it again,

now the title is just -- and the sorry in the edited original post is also gone.

Looks like some psychological warfare, messing with our heads  :-DD

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 12:32:51 pm »
I hate "historical revisionism" (since Stalin had it down to a fine "art")
Note the flag in the original poster's profile and the country's history. I think it's cultural.

Alternatively he doesn't want traceability in case he's caught out.

Don't waste people's time then.

Deleting content after people have replied is considered bad form here.

Just so.

Memo to self: when replying, include original in post so that can't be "lost".

EDIT: the OP's attitude and responses made me curious about his other >200 posts, so I looked through his posting history.

It looks like he has started many threads which look as if he is trying to "resuscitate" a wide range of equipment. I leave others to draw their own conclusions.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 12:42:57 pm by tggzzz »

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2022, 12:34:54 pm »
First of all, some "unreasonable" people exist.I didn't want to delete the post initially.

1.I just want to make the instrument more accurate and have no commercial purpose.

2. Instrument assets belong to individuals

3.If I break the law, my country will punish me and I won't hurt anyone who helps me.

Hypothetical questions: if you incorrectly repaired equipment, shipped it overseas, someone relied on a declaration of the equipment's condition, and was injured:
  • would your country punish you?
  • would you have done anything wrong?

simply incomprehensible

Yes, that response is incomprehensible.

Or rather it bears no relationship to the information and opinions in posts in this thread.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 12:46:45 pm by tggzzz »

Offline uliano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2022, 03:10:10 pm »

While I understand and support the issues against his behavior, I can't help disliking all kind of generalization.

Responsability is personal.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 03:44:40 pm »

While I understand and support the issues against his behavior, I can't help disliking all kind of generalization.

Responsibility is indeed personal.

Generalisations can be valid and useful, provided it is remembered that there is a variance around the mean. Often the variance is larger than the differences.

For example, what would you make of a statement made to me while having a good-natured informal chat about project planning? The other party was an Indian and his completely unprovoked and initially unexpected statement was that "you must remember that Indians believe in miracles". IMHO there are many incorrect conclusions that could be drawn.

Offline uliano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 07:22:30 pm »

Responsibility is indeed personal.

Generalisations can be valid and useful, provided it is remembered that there is a variance around the mean. Often the variance is larger than the differences.

For example, what would you make of a statement made to me while having a good-natured informal chat about project planning? The other party was an Indian and his completely unprovoked and initially unexpected statement was that "you must remember that Indians believe in miracles". IMHO there are many incorrect conclusions that could be drawn.

I see, the only thing coming to my mind is that while all generalizations are wrong there is more margin in tolerating self inflicted ones. They are baffling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf