Author Topic: Suggestions for mains backplane  (Read 523 times)

Offline ricko_ukTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Suggestions for mains backplane
« on: September 27, 2020, 09:10:48 pm »
Hi,
are there lows cost connectors that are suitable for mains (up to 2A max) that are used in backplane type applications similar to the PC cards plugging into the PC motherboards? i.e. mains modules plugged at 90 degrees to a flat backplane supplying/distributing the mains to the modules?

Initially I was thinking to use edge connector types (exactly like the PCs) but they would not have creepage and clearance for mains voltage. Any other solutions?

I came across some similar ones rated for mains and high currents and that could do the job but are quite expensive. I am looking for some that can be used in consumer products (i.e. relatively low cost).

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 09:12:31 pm by ricko_uk »

Offline radar_macgyver

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Suggestions for mains backplane
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:50:53 pm »
The DIN 41612 connector series has a high-power/high-current version that is rated for 230V use (type H). They are usable upto 15A. For example: Harting 09 06 215 2821.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 09:52:24 pm by radar_macgyver »

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Re: Suggestions for mains backplane
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 09:58:00 pm »
Any shrouded style headers will do -- Molex Mini-Fit Jr. comes to mind, and a half dozen more by Molex and others. :)

The DIN 41612 connector series has a high-power/high-current version that is rated for 230V use (type H). They are usable upto 15A. For example: Harting 09 06 215 2821.

Dang, that's a nice one. :o

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf