Author Topic: Programming off the shelf CSR8635 module  (Read 94644 times)

Offline Msprg

• Contributor
Re: Programming off the shelf CSR8635 module
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2019, 03:50:28 pm »
Okay this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtvg8g7qnk08pju/CSR86XX%20ConfigurationTool-3.0.70.zip?dl=0
Should be safe to use with "write to device". Although I have tested that personally, you should still be cautious.
Good luck!

Offline dgspeedyz

• Contributor
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2019, 03:04:57 am »
Msprg, Seems I'm having trouble getting the program to run on any machine.  I've tried win 10, win 7, and Win XP several different hardware and virtual machine with the same result of crashing. What settings did you use in Windows? I can get other versions working fine. It will install fine.

Offline dgspeedyz

• Contributor
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2019, 03:41:42 am »
Of course it starts working after I post a question about it.  Looks like I had to install a newer version after installing 3.0.70 to get it working.  For anyone else with this issue, I installed versions 3.12.5 and 4.0.6 of the headset config tool.

Offline Msprg

• Contributor
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2019, 11:01:14 am »
Of course it starts working after I post a question about it.  Looks like I had to install a newer version after installing 3.0.70 to get it working.  For anyone else with this issue, I installed versions 3.12.5 and 4.0.6 of the headset config tool.

Can you please post here a download links to these? I would like to try the newer versions, but I have not found any of them.

Offline dgspeedyz

• Contributor
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2019, 11:14:22 pm »
Sure! These were from 52bluetooth. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zh0ojy6pbt6jbs3/AADFPfVhYzSyh-Hwa1A3pYfMa?dl=0

Do you know what I should put for eprom size to program the different sounds to the chip. I want to replace the beeps.

This is want I'm trying to do with my CSR chips. 
I used the Jambox's own upgrade tool that had the DFU files already made for these speakers.

Offline Franky

« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2019, 11:51:24 am »
Hi everyone,

I am new here and have a question regarding the reprogramming of the CSR8635 on an SANWU Class D amp. I use the FTDI converter and did everything according to the github project. I was able to change the name of the module so the SPI connection seems to be working. In the next step I want to get rid of the annoying audio prompts and maybe add a password. I have to use the configuration tool, but as you can see in my attached image I get in error if I try to read out the module with ReadFromDevice. I also attached an picture of my connection. I referred to this pinout.

http://yo3hjv.blogspot.com/2018/02/csr8635-bluetooth-audio-module.html

The module is connected as follows:

MISO --> RSD
CSB --> DTR
CLK --> RTS
MISO --> RI
GND --> GND
SPI_PCM is pulled up to 1V8 and 1V8 is also connected to VCCIO of the FTDI converter.

Any ideas why i cannot read the module? I am working on Windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks a lot

Frank

Offline Msprg

• Contributor
« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2019, 12:39:17 pm »
Is your FTDI breakout board working on 1.8 or 3.3 voltage level? You have to use only 1.8V logic voltage, because you may break your chip by applying voltage higher than that.

Offline Franky

« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2019, 01:09:15 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

According to the datasheet the maximum voltage on the SPI pads of the CSR8635 is 3V6 (Page 71). So should be okay. The module is working and I also changed the name. So there shouldn't be any level issues?!

https://electrothing.co.za/images/products/bluetooth-audio-module-8/CSR8635-datasheet.pdf

edit:

I tested the levels just to be sure. The image shows the MOSI line while reading out the module through PSTool. Levels are 1V8. So all fine.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:46:44 pm by Franky »

Offline Msprg

• Contributor
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2019, 01:46:56 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

According to the datasheet the maximum voltage on the SPI pads of the CSR8635 is 3V6 (Page 71). So should be okay. The module is working and I also changed the name. So there shouldn't be any level issues?!

https://electrothing.co.za/images/products/bluetooth-audio-module-8/CSR8635-datasheet.pdf

Okay just be cautious.

Now, if you already got PStools working with your SPI adapter, you had to copy and replace some file called something like SPI.INF or something similiar (I does not really remember) from the github page. Now you just have to replace the same file in the Headset Config tool installation directory with the file found on the github.
Of course, close the related programs before proceeding. No reboot should be necessary, but I recomend you rebooting the CSR.

Good luck.

Offline Franky

« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2019, 04:56:04 pm »
I couldn't find any file like this..Here is the link to the github page. Maybe you remember the file if you read the name :)

https://github.com/lorf/csr-spi-ftdi

Thanks a lot

Offline dgspeedyz

• Contributor
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2019, 05:14:48 pm »
Franky, Make sure your config tool is set the correct device and port number under properties. Sometimes it resets back the settings to default when you restart the program. Happened to me several times.  I would recommend using the psflash tool to stop and restart the device.

Offline Msprg

• Contributor
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2019, 08:38:56 pm »
I couldn't find any file like this..Here is the link to the github page. Maybe you remember the file if you read the name :)

https://github.com/lorf/csr-spi-ftdi

Thanks a lot

Here, https://github.com/lorf/csr-spi-ftdi/releases/download/0.5.3/csr-spi-ftdi-0.5.3.zip

In this archive in folder lib-win32 is file usbspi.dll.

Replace usbspi.dll in the installation directory of the headset config tool by the usbspi.dll file within the archive.

Offline dgspeedyz

• Contributor
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2019, 02:26:58 am »
Does anyone have a link to the ADK Sink config tool for the CSR8675/CSR8670 chip they are willing to share? The headphones config tool does't work with this chip. 

Offline Franky

« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2019, 03:11:30 pm »
I finally managed to get it running. There was no wrong wiring or mistake in the configuration. As always it's something obvious.

I had to power up the bluetooth module before connecting the FTDI converter to the computer. This ways it works just perfect and I was able to get rid of the audio tones.

I couldn't find any parameter to set a password or pin for the bluetooth connection. Is it even possible on this modules?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Franky

Online johnywhy

« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2019, 08:05:04 pm »
hi, shouldn't it be possible to program the equalizer using PS Tool?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf