Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

RIGOL DS1000E-Series RS232 Remote Logger APP

(1/3) > >>

doctormord:
Hi all,

now being another happy owner of the DS1052E i just had the idea of using the device as an remote logger for several things. (i.e. DC battery charge)

So i decided to code a little app. The app is at very alpha stage just to check how things work via RS232. In the end it should log the input to a csv-file to work with. :)

Preview:

It works at COM 8,N,1 9600 with a straight RS232-connection-cable.

At the moment you can aquire single-shot or in automode. The oscilloscope is not locked at the most of the time, so you may change settings if you want.

Download:
http://www.closed-society.com/download/ds1000/

To introduce myself, im from Germany, 31 years old, studiing microsystemelectronics.

Would be nice to get some feedback or ideas.

Regards, doc

Edit: Code C#, so .NET3.5 is required to run.

NiHaoMike:
Why doesn't it have a preview of the waveform?

doctormord:
Because previewing the waveform via RS232 is not implemented by RIGOL. The tool is not intended to be a new Ultrascope. It's mainly for measuring DC, Temp etc.  ;D

Mechatrommer:
why dont use usb connection?
why should have redundant eng. decimal, Vrms shown already?
can rigol be used/designed for a 24/7 logging operation?

doctormord:
Well, actually i don't know how to use the dll's Rigol supplied in SharpDevelop C#.

The redundant display is actually the debug-box and the panel-meter. I just use the box for status/error/timeouts. If you switch the measurement the panel-meter will also switch.

Edit:
I quickly read the stuff about NI-VISA connection, the commands are the same like with RS232. As for the 24/7-operation, i don't see any reason why it should not work. I assume that Rigol-devices are made for 24/7-operation. :) The app just read out the the registers, so nothing harmful? :) I just had the idea, because UltraScope does not provide a feature like this. And as long as i don't own a DMM with USB/RS232-connection this would be my option to do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version