Author Topic: Sinotimer MC701 temperature controller help required.  (Read 116 times)

Offline Another DaveTopic starter

• Contributor
Sinotimer MC701 temperature controller help required.
« on: May 09, 2024, 01:17:34 pm »
Hoping someone can help where the manual lets me down.

I purchased the Sinotimer MC701 which I thought had the brilliant option of Relay and SSR output.  This will be used with
various heating appliances some going upto as little as 105ºC and some as high as 1300ºC.

Housed in a box with external sockets I was setting it up and whilst dropping the output down to 2 seconds for the SSR the
relay kept clicking at the same time, thinking it was the alarm I disabled those but still the clicking and then it hit me that
the clicking was the output relay which it seems to energise the same time as the SSR.

So setting it to 2 seconds will probably cause a rapid relay failure?  Setting it to 20 seconds maybe a little too wide on the temperature
scale when dealing with clays for jewellery and/or low temperature enamels where a stable temperature is more important than
the lifespan of the relay.

Typically my old MYPIN TA4-SNR died just before I needed to make some stuff so needed something fast.

Anyone have any experience of the MC101 series temperature controllers?  Is it possible to disable the relay output and use only
the SSR?

It's the Sinotimer (MC701)

Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf