Author Topic: Qualification Test MIL-STD-810F FOR AN EQUIPMENT  (Read 2295 times)

Offline rakeshm55Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Qualification Test MIL-STD-810F FOR AN EQUIPMENT
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:26 am »
Hi,
I am required to conduct Vibration test , High - low temperature (storage and operating) on an equipment.

For the test unit,  do I need to perform ESS (Environmental Stress Screening) prior to forcing the device to undergo the above tests???

For Vibration test On page 514.5 - 2 of MIL-STD-810F www.gd-itronix.com/upload/pdf/MIL-STD-810F.pdf

1.2 (e) states the same if I am not wrong.

But I could not track the clause on high or low temperature tests.

But I believe we need to perform ESS before quality test because all the device will undergo ESS before deploying in the field.

Am I interpreting correctly??

Please help me....

Offline KJDS

• Super Contributor
    • my website holding page
Re: Qualification Test MIL-STD-810F FOR AN EQUIPMENT
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 07:54:05 am »
It's been a while since I looked at Mil std 810, but from what I remember,:-

If you are going to ESS each production unit before shipment then it either needs to be done before you do you tests or you need to prepare a case for not doing it for your customer to approve. It will always be easier just to do the ESS.

Storage and operating temperature, and thermal shock if applicable should be in the equipment specification.

Other things I've learnt from doing these over the years.

Always have at least one spare equipment. Take a lot of spare test cables, plugs sockets, wire, a soldering iron or two and schematics of everything you're testing. If you're taking some custom test equipment then take two sets if possible.

Take a good book, or preferably two, especially for the temperature testing. There's usually a lot of waiting time.

Offline Chris Peterson

Re: Qualification Test MIL-STD-810F FOR AN EQUIPMENT
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:48 pm »
ESS is assumed to be done by the manufacturer, so it comes before all other MIL-STD-810 tests if you are the manufacturer.  I teach -810 classes and this is a very common question.  If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf