Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

Small and inexpensive direct thermal printer to print labels

(1/3) > >>

Corporate666:
I am working on an industrial device that I would like to be able to print out direct thermally printed labels for part identification at the time of manufacture.

I have seen little receipt printers that can be interfaced with Arduino's and such, but wondering if anyone has experience with something that can be used for labels and is relatively easy to interface with and which can be incorporated as part of a larger device (ideally).

I mean something around the size of a pack of cigarettes that I can talk to via serial would be ideal.

aliarifat794:
You can take a look at Zebra LP 2824 Plus.

abeyer:
I don't know of anything intended to be integrated into another product... though would be interested to see if you find something. Also, I think you can do labels in many of the "receipt" printers if you find label rolls the right size, and that narrow width works for what you need.

If you go with an off the shelf product and just do the integration, Zebra as mentioned, or Brother would be where I'd look.

Wilson__:
Small size, will be thermal printer.  Some use 'normal thermal paper' that fade over time.  There are high grade thermal paper that do not fade for a few years.

Larger size you can have thermal transfer printer that transfer ink from ribbon onto the printout and permanent.  hope this help

ajb:

--- Quote from: abeyer on April 24, 2024, 11:23:38 pm ---Also, I think you can do labels in many of the "receipt" printers if you find label rolls the right size, and that narrow width works for what you need.
--- End quote ---

You can probably print onto a label roll, but you won't be able to align the printing to the labels unless the printer is designed for label printing.  Since the print head has to be some distance inside the printer housing, the printer has to advance the last label past the print head to the tearoff point, and then it has to retract the roll back to the print head before printing the next label.  Printers designed for labels will have sensors to detect the web between labels or marks on the roll for this purpose. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version