Author Topic: Windows 2000 - Are there any updates after SP4?  (Read 2047 times)

Offline AndersJTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Windows 2000 - Are there any updates after SP4?
« on: April 25, 2016, 03:41:32 pm »
Has Microsoft released any updates after SP4?
If so, where can they be downloaded?
"It should work"
R.N.Naidoo

Offline Len

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Windows 2000 - Are there any updates after SP4?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 04:15:28 pm »
As far as I know the last update package for Win 2000 was "Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4".
Info here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/891861
Unfortunately the download link on that page doesn't work. A quick google search turns up some alternate download sites but I don't know if they're legit.
DIY Eurorack Synth: https://lenp.net/synth/

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 06:43:37 pm »
Unfortunately the download link on that page doesn't work. A quick google search turns up some alternate download sites but I don't know if they're legit.
Unfortunately that's often the case with old M$ software. Microsoft don't want people using it so they cease supporting it and often remove the service packs and update from their site.

Yes, there will be plenty of illegitimate download sites. Quite often they're fine but use with caution: scan everything with up to date AV software.

Offline mikeys

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 06:53:00 pm »
That's pretty old - I'd recommend upgrading to anything that's still supported if you have that computer attached to a network. However, if it's just an offline shop machine running CNC or something similar, it begs the question, "why fix what ain't broke?"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf