Author Topic: Help with TIA output for SiPM sensor  (Read 382 times)

Offline rsinghapTopic starter

Help with TIA output for SiPM sensor
« on: July 18, 2023, 07:45:11 pm »
Hello, I'm designing a transimpedance amplifier for a SiPM (Silicon Photo Multiplier Array Broadcom AFBR-S4N44C013) sensor. I want the output voltage to range between 0 and 3.2 V max so I can input it into an Arduino.

I'm using a 36 V bias voltage from a custom 3.2 V to 36 V booster.

The main issue I'm facing right now is that even though the output of the op-amp varies proportionally with the brightness, the range is in the millivolts (20 - 100 mV)  when the power is on and 0 - 45 mV when the power is off. Changing the feedback resistor R5 to 100k fixed the opamp output at around 0 V. Any suggestions for how to fix this and amplify the output to the desired range?

I've attached the schematic. Also, the buffer section of the circuit is not being used right now. If you have any suggestions for how to fix the issue that the buffer is powered by 3.3V but receives the full 36V, that would help too.

Here's the datasheet of the SiPM: https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/AFBR-S4N44C013-DS

Thank you.

1831126-0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 08:32:54 pm by rsinghap »

Offline paul@yahrprobert.com

• Regular Contributor
Re: Help with TIA output for SiPM sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 09:17:42 pm »
Didn't we go over this already?  You have a positive signal going into your inverting op-amp stage, which now has no bias on the + input, and has no negative supply.  So you're asking the op-amp output to go negative, but there's no negative supply, so it can't.

Offline moffy

• Super Contributor
Re: Help with TIA output for SiPM sensor
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 11:26:24 pm »
Didn't we go over this already?  You have a positive signal going into your inverting op-amp stage, which now has no bias on the + input, and has no negative supply.  So you're asking the op-amp output to go negative, but there's no negative supply, so it can't.
Yes and no correction to the schematic about the bias voltage amplifier, even though he says he isn't using it. If it's there it should be corrected.

Offline Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf