Author Topic: Software & tips for Rigol DS2072 ( DS2000 / DS4000 / DS6000 UltraVision DSOs )  (Read 371928 times)

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
@Teneyes: - this shouldn't happen on a linear sweep.

:) :) I Finally Got it
The plot is time of voltage pulse.  and Duty Cycle is  Fix % of one Cycle
One Cycle Time is the Period and the Period is = 1/frequency
So as the Frequency increases linearly , ,
then the Period is inverse, so increase as an Inverse function

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:11:21 pm by Teneyes »
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

Offline marmadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
wont you consider to give option for "flat surface" plot instead of lines? lines plot will show some overlapping. Z-cue'd probably if performance becomes an issue. YMMV ;)

Later version  ;)

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Linear sine-wave sweep: let it load completely for best effect.

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

Offline The Chump

• Contributor
Hi Mark,

I am another almost owner of a 4 channel DS4000 series, and I would be happy to report back in return for a version which will support 4 channels of DS4000 series!

Cheers

Alex

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Hi Mark,

I am another almost owner of a 4 channel DS4000 series, and I would be happy to report back in return for a version which will support 4 channels of DS4000 series!

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex,

Ok, great! I will make the next bug-update (2.02) as DS4000 compatible as I can - it should be posted in the next couple of days. I've looked over the programming guide for the 4000 series, and the only difference I can find so far is the change from 'Keep' to 'Hold' - but the software already covers that eventuality because Rigol changed it in the latest version of the DS2000 software. Please let me know if everything works as it's supposed to - and if so, I'll try to add in the extra support for channels 3 and 4.

Best, Mark

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
@The Chump:

Alex, please do me a favor and run the small attached program with your scope turned on and connected via USB - and then copy and paste the identification message that is sent from the scope. It will help me in identifying and targeting DS4000 scopes (since I don't own one to test on).

Thanks!

Mark

Edit: Oops, just realized you wrote 'almost owner'. Perhaps someone who is currently in possession of a DS4000 can run the small attached program to test how to ID the scope from software.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:42:17 pm by marmad »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
BTW, I realized there is a bug in 2.0(1) with changing the standard colors of the channels (ie. from yellow/cyan) - which is a feature I added at the last minute. It works fine when drawing the waveform in the display, but it doesn't do the gradient correctly (or 2-color gradient) when plotting.  This will be fixed in the next update - along with the added feature of choosing the other color for 2-color gradients.

Offline totofly

Hello,

I am also interested in a version DS4000 4 channels, I would test on Tuesday and the post Market Report.

thank you
Great software.
Thomas

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
I am also interested in a version DS4000 4 channels, I would test on Tuesday and the post Market Report.

thank you
Great software.
Thomas

Thanks, Thomas. Could you please run the small piece of software I posted above (RSID.zip - with your DS4000 connected via USB and switched on) and copy and paste here the ID message that you get. It will help me get the next update working correctly with the DS4000 series. Thanks!

Offline EV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aficionado
I am using RUU 2.01 with notebook which has 1366 x 768 resolution. Changing the size of the window (1x, 1.5x or 2x) has no problem.

I tried it also with computer with 1920 x 1200 resolution and text size 125%. Pictures are attached. If I change text size to 100% (this is too small), there are no problems.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:32:33 pm by EV »

Offline The Chump

• Contributor
Hi Mark,

I currently have a demo unit on loan, so can give it a go on Monday (GMT).

Cheers

Alex

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
I tried it also with computer with 1920 x 1200 resolution and text size 125%. Pictures are attached. If I change text size to 100% (this is too small), there are no problems.

@EV: Well, I write and test RUU on a 1920x1200 monitor with text size set to 100%. I personally think using the Display global text setting in Windows (to larger than 100%) is terrible because it scales EVERYTHING - including some things which I really don't need scaled - and so I lose precious screen real estate.

I think it's better to use: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance\Advanced appearance settings...
and just change the font size of the particular text you want larger (message box text, title bar text, etc). Not only can you make more subtle changes to the size than you can from the Display settings applet, but changes you make happen instantly - without having to log off and on as you do with the global text settings. Anyway, just my two cents worth  ;)

But, in any case, I'll see if I can come up with a solution for this. It just means that the RUU display will have to be scaled when in the x1 setting - thus not matching precisely the Rigol's display.

Offline EV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aficionado
But, in any case, I'll see if I can come up with a solution for this. It just means that the RUU display will have to be scaled when in the x1 setting - thus not matching precisely the Rigol's display.

As I told, I do not use that big screen in my workspace, but compact laptop to save space. I only told what I noticed.   ;)

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
As I told, I do not use that big screen in my workspace, but compact laptop to save space. I only told what I noticed.   ;)

No problem - I'm glad you did.  ;)

Offline The Chump

• Contributor
Here is the output from my loaned DS4054

Identification: DS4 - 00.04.00.01

Cheers

Alex

Offline bennybubble

Output from a DS4014 : DS4 - 00.04.00.00
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:39:01 am by bennybubble »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Thanks Alex and Ben! I'll try to have 2.02 posted later today - which will be set to work with the DS4000 series.

One last question - in your respective firmware versions, does Rigol use the word 'Keep' or 'Open' for recording continuously?

Thanks again - and I look forward to hearing about any compatibility problems, bugs, etc you might experience

Offline The Chump

• Contributor
Hi Mark,

On my Records menu I have:
OFF
Record
Playback
Open
Analyze

I think that's where you want me to look.

Looking forward to the new version

Cheers

Alex

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
Hello All,

I am thinking to buy DSO.
Rigol 2072 70MHz and Rigol 2102 100MHz look as a suitable to me.
Are those having same hardware and differ only software wise?
Or do they have different hardware inside?

Thank you
Dimitar 

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Are those having same hardware and differ only software wise?
Or do they have different hardware inside?

Same hardware across the whole line (2072/2102/2202) - only software differences which 'limit' the lower models to a lesser bandwidth.

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
Hi Marmad,

Oh does it mean that I actually can buy DS2072 and by a software update get an 200 MHz (DS2202)?
Sounds like a great deal if could be done :)

Thank you
Dimitar

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Oh does it mean that I actually can buy DS2072 and by a software update get an 200 MHz (DS2202)?

Sorry, Dimitar, no one has discovered (or at least made public) the method for doing that yet  :(

Offline dpenev

• Regular Contributor
Thanks  Marmad :)

If the hardware of all DS2000 is the same does it mean
that the only difference on the time domain results would be that it will appear compressed in time (on the 70 MHz version DSO)?
Has someone confirmed that the analog bandwidth of all DS2000 members is the same?

I am asking if this is the case as I could go to 70 MHz version instead of the 100 MHz version to save some money.
Any thoughts in this respect are welcome!

And a question about trial license.  It involves the RS232, I2C decoding only , correct?
Was not able to find on the manual quickly.

Thank you
Dimitar

Offline slashguitar

• Contributor
Hello,

The decoder trial time on my DS4024 has just expired. Does anyone know if there is a simple hack to enable them?(like the bandwidth on the 1052e)
Has anyone purchased the decoder option?If so how does it look like? Is it a USB stick you plug into your scope?

Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf