Author Topic: Software & tips for Rigol DS2072 ( DS2000 / DS4000 / DS6000 UltraVision DSOs )  (Read 369882 times)

Offline marmadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
New version of the software uploaded - three bug fixes. Details are here - and in the first post.

1) Added Open/Keep for v.00.01.00.02 compatibility (Thanks to Teneyes)
2) Fixed possible TypeConversion exceptions  (Thanks to larsie)
3) Fixed FileType selection box for CSV files (Thanks to Sparky)

Currently the new feature of Zoom Markers is disabled until the new documentation is finished - hopefully soon!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:04:23 pm by marmad »

Offline larsie

• Contributor
Looks great, but sorry... the bug remains. Not exactly like before. This is when opening the program. Basically it says the in-data string had an invalid format.

System.FormatException: Inndatastrengen hadde ugyldig format.
   ved System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   ved System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   ved System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   ved System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
   ved Rigol_UtraVision_Utilities.Utilities.askVISAfp(String q)
   ved Rigol_UtraVision_Utilities.Utilities.readRecParams()

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Looks great, but sorry... the bug remains. Not exactly like before. This is when opening the program. Basically it says the in-data string had an invalid format.

No problem - I'll look again. But it's curious that you're the only one reporting problems when opening the program. Can I please find out what OS you're using - and which version of the NI-VISA runtime?

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
@larsie:

One other quick question, I'm fairly certain the exception is being thrown by the routine which translates the Record Interval sent by the Rigol in ASCII-encoded scientific notation to floating point. Can you just look at the setting under Utility->Record->Mode->Record->Interval and let me know what it's set to on your DSO?

Thanks again!

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
@larsie:

Better still - please run the tiny attached program - and copy and paste the result here.

Thanks!

Offline larsie

• Contributor
@larsie:

One other quick question, I'm fairly certain the exception is being thrown by the routine which translates the Record Interval sent by the Rigol in ASCII-encoded scientific notation to floating point. Can you just look at the setting under Utility->Record->Mode->Record->Interval and let me know what it's set to on your DSO?

Thanks again!

100 ns (should I try another interval? I don't have a clue what this even means)
Windows 7, 64-bit
NI-VISA 5.2 for Windows

Offline larsie

• Contributor
@larsie:

Better still - please run the tiny attached program - and copy and paste the result here.

Thanks!

1.000000e-07

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
1.000000e-07

This is correct - so no problem with the DSO. I think the problem relates to Windows Control Panel settings related to Norwegian - trying to dig for a solution right now. I'll post another small program shortly which will try to convert the floating-point number and see if it succeeds for you on your computer.

Offline larsie

• Contributor
Ah.... sorry... we Norwegians have a funny thing about . and ,

They are swapped...

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks Mark
   Open Keep works good, see att >GIF
    DS2072  1.00.02  RUU 1.4   

Normal Trigger , 1.4Mpts  ,
    I filled 55 frames with   50 Hz 
    I started 1KHz frames
that seem to push 1KHz frames back to 34
   I removed 1Khz signal
  I stopped RUU record
  I saved Frames
   After Saving the frames to .png and making the  .GIF

The RUU would display a run thur of frames BUT only every second frame 
   quirky
 at first only Odd numbered frames
   The DSO was not cycling thur frames
   when I did a RUU  'Read ,Play'
  The RUU would display a run thur of Even frames
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:20:20 am by Teneyes »
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
@larsie

Here is a small program which just tries to convert the Record Interval to a floating point number - and then back to a string between 100ns - 10s. You can change the setting (Utility->Record->Mode-Record->Interval) on your scope with the big Navigation Knob a few times and click the read button to see if it throws the exception again on your computer.

Thanks!

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
  DS2072  1.00.02  RUU 1.4   

I tried to Save 'Wavefrm ; CVS   and RUU prompts for FIle name but does NOT use new file name.
   but  data is saved to 'Screen.cvs' file

This data is the Display Data 1400 points, correct??

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
   The RUU would display a run thur of frames BUT only every second frame 
   quirky
 at first only Odd numbered frames
   The DSO was not cycling thur frames
   when I did a RUU  'Read ,Play'
  The RUU would display a run thur of Even frames

I'm not sure what you mean here. Was RUU playing the frames - or was the Rigol? If you just click the "Play" button, the Rigol plays the frames - it's not controlled by RUU. But if you have "Step" checked, then RUU tells the Rigol which frames to play based on the Step amount. If Start Frame is 10 and Step is 10, RUU will tell the Rigol to play frame 10, 20, 30, 40, etc.

I tried to Save 'Wavefrm ; CVS   and RUU prompts for FIle name but does NOT use new file name.   but  data is saved to 'Screen.cvs' file

Whoops - that's a bug - it should only do that if you click 'Cancel' - for a fast way to save a CSV file. It goes on the bug list :)

This data is the Display Data 1400 points, correct??

Correct. Voltages in scientific notation.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:19:52 am by marmad »

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
Let me try again

After Saving the 62  frames to .png files  and RUU makes the  .GIF

The RUU would continue to display Frames BUT only every second frame 
   That is  RUU would display Frames numbered  2,4,6,89,10,12.......56,58,60,62,2,4....
   then if I click on many of the Check Boxes  the sequence would change to:
   displaying  Frames numbered  9,11,13.......59,61,1,3,5,....

The DSO was not showing different frames, just in dependant

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
   The RUU would continue to display Frames BUT only every second frame 
   That is  RUU would display Frames numbered  2,4,6,89,10,12.......56,58,60,62,2,4....
   then if I click on many of the Check Boxes  the sequence would change to:

Sorry, I'm still not really understanding you. RUU only displays frames it captures from the DSO - are you talking about an animated GIF playing inside of RUU - or what is happening on the DSO screen?

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
trying again
   During the Saving of Frames the RUU displays each frame as it is being Saved,
   I am saving 62 frames.
   the DSO displays the frames in Play Mode ( one frame ahead of the RUU Display)
   I watch with windows XP/explorer and see each framexxxx.png file being created
   AT the end of 62 frames being saved , the DSO Stops changing

NOW the RUU would continue to display Frames BUT only every second frame 
   then if I click on one of the Check Boxes in RUU (intermittently ) the sequence would change to:

YES this could just be a ANIMATED GIF , is that what is left on the RUU display area??
    quirky that it skips every second frame if it is a GIF.   

The save GIF is Correct and steps thru all frames as I have attached in previous Biog
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:27:09 pm by Teneyes »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
   then if I click on one of the Check Boxes in RUU (intermittently ) the sequence would change to:

YES this could just be a ANIMATED GIF , is that what is left on the RUU display area??
    quirky that it skips every second frame if it is a GIF.   

OK - got it this time :D Yes, that is the animated GIF being displayed - and you're right - it's strange that it would skip frames. I haven't noticed that behavior before here - but I've rewritten a lot of the program since I last saved an animated GIF - so it's quite possible I've screwed something up  ;D   I will check again now myself with ~60 frames. Thanks for your help - I'll let you know what I find.

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
Hi Marmad,
    Just dreaming of your RUU monitoring the DSO in Single trigger mode and if triggered Saving the frame with time stamp then waiting for next trigger to catch some over night burp in what was being monitored.

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Hi Marmad,
    Just dreaming of your RUU monitoring the DSO in Single trigger mode and if triggered Saving the frame with time stamp then waiting for next trigger to catch some over night burp in what was being monitored.

I could do this with RUU - but no need. The Rigol already does this with normal Record mode. Just set the trigger type to what you are waiting for - enter Record Mode and set the Interval for the pause you want between possible triggers (e.g. 1s) - then put the scope into Normal mode (waiting for trigger = blinking green WAIT). Every time a trigger comes, the Rigol will record one frame (time-stamped) and then pause 1 second - then re-arm the trigger and wait again. It will do this for as many frames as you have available. All night and all day  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:06:45 pm by marmad »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive

@Teneyes: This works fine for me. I think your problem might have to do with the slowness of your computer - since animated GIFs snatch processing time (RUU doesn't play the animated GIF - it just plays automatically via Windows). Try it one more time, but this time don't use the default setting of "Each 100ms" for the playback of the animated GIF - instead set it to something more reasonable - like "Each 250ms".

Offline EV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aficionado
I tried also this RUU 1.4. I get error message as in the picture, when I start the program. OS is Win 7 home premium 64-bit (Finish version) and NI visa is 5.20.

Google translation of the message:

Unhandled exception in the application. If you choose to continue, the application will override the error and attempt to continue operations. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input format of the string is not valid.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:26:47 pm by EV »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Unhandled exception in the application. If you choose to continue, the application will override the error and attempt to continue operations. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input format of the string is not valid.

@EV: I think you're getting the same error that larsie is/was getting. Can you download this little program: RigRead - and see if it generates that exception on your PC? I have a new version of RUU (1.5) almost ready for upload that hopefully will fix these exceptions on all of the Scandinavian PCs that keep throwing them  ;)

Offline EV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aficionado
RigRead gives the following messages:

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
RigRead gives the following messages:

Goddamn .NET   >:(

Here's one more version to try. If this doesn't work, I think we will have to do away with the Finnish culture  ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:41:09 pm by marmad »

Offline EV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aficionado

Goddamn .NET   >:(

Rigread2 gives message as in picture, other 2 are same as with RigRead. When I push "Tiedot" button there comes window beneaf the message box with the following text:

************** Ladatut kokoonpanot **************
mscorlib
    Kokoonpanon versio: 2.0.0.0
    Win32-versio: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Koodikanta: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RigRec
    Kokoonpanon versio: 0.1.4749.38598
    Win32-versio: 0.1.4749.38598
    Koodikanta: file:///C:/Users/Eino/Desktop/RigRead2/RigRead2.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-versio: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Koodikanta: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Koodikanta: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32-versio: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Koodikanta: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Win32-versio: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    Koodikanta: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_fi_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Koodikanta: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Kokoonpanon versio: 8.0.0.0
    Win32-versio: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    Koodikanta: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT-virheenkorjaus **************
JIT-virheenkorjauksen käyttöönotto edellyttää, että tämän
sovelluksen tai koneen kokoonpanon määritystiedostossa (Machine.config)
on jitDebugging-määritys system.windows.forms-osassa.
Virheenkorjaus on myös oltava käytössä sovellusta
käännettäessä.

Esimerkiksi:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Kun JIT-virheenkorjaus on käytössä, käsittelemättömät poikkeukset
lähetetään koneessa rekisteröityyn JIT-virheenkorjaustoimintoon
eikä niitä käsitellä tässä valintaikkunassa.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf