Author Topic: Schematic from reverse engineering of two inductive different proximity sensors  (Read 115 times)

Offline taser8612

I bought a couple inductive proximity sensors from two different over-seas manufacturers and set about trying to reverse engineer them. After cutting away the casings and boiling the resin the tiny boards were encapsulated in, I did my best to identify the components and their connections. This schematic for the two different boards is the result.

I am but a hacker (no formal education or training in electronics), but research tells me these sensors include an oscillator, demodulator and output signal processor. I think I recognize a Hartley oscillator but I am unable to decipher the rest.

I tested them both before tearing them apart and they both performed as advertised. Sensor A was happy with just 5 volts from an Arduino, but sensor B required at least 6 volts to function.

I'm hoping those more knowledgeable can look at the schematic and determine (1) if the design would work and (2) how they can be so different and accomplish the same thing.

[attachimg=1]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf