Author Topic: Teardown & Detailed Analysis of Qualcomm's 60GHz Multi-Panel Phased Array WiGig  (Read 776 times)

Offline HugoneusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
Hello everyone,

I don't often get a chance to post here (mostly due to limited time), but I thought you might enjoy my latest video since it dives into some content you don't typically find on YouTube:

youtu.be/JI9fvAcNpdk

I hope you enjoy it.

The following users thanked this post: boB, daqq, trophosphere, Alex Eisenhut, 2N3055, BrianHG, Bakafish, mawyatt

Offline mawyatt

• Super Contributor
Superb video!!

Do you know what process for this chip, you mention 65nm CMOS (which might be TSMC), but suspect it's a smaller feature process?

Integrated Phased Arrays have come a long way since the Invited IEEE Proceedings paper in 2005, "Smart Phased Array SoCs: A Novel Application for Advanced SiGe HBT BiCMOS Technology", which created much interest and was key to getting our small research company acquired :)

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1495911

Wish we could attend the IEEE IMS and RFIC sessions, but health issues prevent attending. Have fond memories of the RFIC dating back to 1995 when we were invited to participate in the original IMS panel sessions on such.

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

• Frequent Contributor
Superb video!!

Do you know what process for this chip, you mention 65nm CMOS (which might be TSMC), but suspect it's a smaller feature process?

Integrated Phased Arrays have come a long way since the Invited IEEE Proceedings paper in 2005, "Smart Phased Array SoCs: A Novel Application for Advanced SiGe HBT BiCMOS Technology", which created much interest and was key to getting our small research company acquired :)

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1495911

Wish we could attend the IEEE IMS and RFIC sessions, but health issues prevent attending. Have fond memories of the RFIC dating back to 1995 when we were invited to participate in the original IMS panel sessions on such.

Best,

Thanks! I hope that you can attend IMS/RFIC in the future. I'll be presenting a paper and workshop this year. We will also have alive demo! :)

The following users thanked this post: boB

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
What microscope model is that?  Looks amazing.

The following users thanked this post: oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
What microscope model is that?  Looks amazing.

I’ll make a video about it. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf