Author Topic: Tesla Accelerator Pedal Inductive Angle IC????..........  (Read 1186 times)

Offline SmokeyTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
Tesla Accelerator Pedal Inductive Angle IC????..........
« on: February 08, 2023, 08:37:20 am »
What Inductive Position Sensor chip are they using for angle measurement of the accelerator pedal?

From here:

IC Markings are:
802V1R2       = ?
1007456       = ?
1743             = 43week, 2017?

Those numbers don't turn up in my searches. 

Notes from screenshot:
1) 16Pin Package.
2) Pin1 Looks to be tied to the ground plane
3) Pin2 Looks to be the Analog Output

Possible Parts:
1) Renesas IPS2200 and Renesas IPS2250 are 16pin, but pins 1 and 2 don't work.
2) None of the Microchip parts like LX3301A are 16pin.
3) The Melexis MLX90517 and MLX90510 are both 16pin, but datasheets are by request only and I can't find any pinout data available online.
https://www.melexis.com/en/products/inductive-position-sensor-ics
4) Cambridge parts are the wrong package: https://cambridgeic.com/products/integrated-circuits

I'm guessing it's the Melexis parts.  Anyone have a data sheet?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 08:45:33 am by Smokey »

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
Re: Tesla Accelerator Pedal Inductive Angle IC????..........
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 10:51:36 am »
I suspect the chips have custom markings. Note that the PCB itself has a number with the same prefix as on the chips: 1007356A.

Offline Wolfram

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 11:30:33 am »
The circuit appears to have two identical and mostly independent sections. I know this is common with accelerator pedals, often with different offset and slope for the two signals, to be able to verify the integrity of the measurement. Each section of the circuit has a single output, so it can't be any of the sin/cos output variants of resolver readout chips.

The Melexis parts mentioned are made for a three phase (120 degree) receive coil, but the board appears to have a two phase quadrature one, so those are likely ruled out. The ZIMD5201 mentioned in the video still looks like the closest candidate, though the pinout doesn't appear to match.

Offline SmokeyTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 06:14:23 pm »
Ya, they have two redundant outputs so the system can do some safety checks on the angle input signal measurement.

While yes those parts are for motor control, The renesas parts, at least, support single ended output on the sin/cosine lines.  And the mechanical motion is relatively small and fixed.  You could set the electrical period/phase and rotational angle of the sensor and mechanical parts such that the output is the mostly linear zero crossing part of the cosine output.  That approximates a pot.  Sorta.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf