Author Topic: Training problems  (Read 2234 times)

Offline SSTCTopic starter

Training problems
« on: July 11, 2010, 12:04:07 pm »
Hey there..

do anyone know a web page like this http://projecteuler.net just with electronics problems??

Offline DJPhil

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Training problems
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 05:35:05 am »
Wow, that's an amazing system!

I don't know of anything offhand that's like that anywhere, for anything. The closest thing I can think of is the chapter exercise sets in The Art of Electronics which are treated separately in the student guide. I wonder if the larger electronics community (including the newsgroup folks, for example) would participate and support a similar venture.

A close second would be answering questions on forums, anywhere you can find them. If you wander back through my post history you'd see a lot of, "I'm just guessing, but this might help" and "I'm not sure, but these links might get you closer." I'm new to the vast majority of electronics and by researching the problems people post about I learn a great deal about a broad range of things. I've also been blessed/cursed with abundant free time, so I can leverage that into research that anyone with a normal-ish life wouldn't have the time to do. It works well for me, I just have to remember to lay on the disclaimers thickly so nobody mistakes my advice as certainty gained from real experience. No complaints so far. :D

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Training problems
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:22:08 am »
The problem with electronics questions is that the majority of the time there is almost always insufficient information presented by the poster in order to get anything but an "generally speaking..." type response.

It's a bit of a catch-22 actually. You need sufficiently deep knowledge in order to ask the right question, and then in which case...

And given that many areas of specialties exist in electronics, it is often better to ask a question in a specific focus group.
For example, if you have a question on how a specific instruction on a PIC micro works, you will get a much better response on the Microchip forum than say the sci.electronics.design news group.

Dave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf