Author Topic: Transmission of alternating energy.  (Read 2907 times)

Offline MagokuTopic starter

• !
Transmission of alternating energy.
« on: June 10, 2023, 09:42:14 am »
     Anyone know Transmission of aternating energy or know some others who have tips trick working or tests they want to do on it. I want to understand the concept of electricity into physical energy through the target of 10 meters and to which the requirement of this i would like to produce 73% xfer of wattage from the station to the receiver in what is also to be needed and i dont think they are that different to each other except addded wireless receiver which i would like to test. Just wondering if anyone has any on hand time looking to do some recovery on this sort a thing can help wont give up or can be interested too would like to know locally to me but internet may include needing to make more than 1 set-up.
 (Edit:-) I know lots about hte stuff and look no one is professional here, really! I don't think the government understand the way it is to work though it sort not out there too and i would like to be part of it a bit with a beater game, really! have tries and tries at it but it may take another or a few to work things out together and i think its a fair prize to invent something there wasn't even understood yet at a level higher than what is shown in the points throughout the history and may be the newest thing out there there if seen to work out. Now i do read lots of things so i don't completely have a undercare on this but too it needs people because it should be enjoyed and i think goes without saying logic will recredit where all can utilise from this wonderful concept through discovery. Thanks hope i get some responses of interest as really seem to burn the fuse on me this thing...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 11:38:38 am by Magoku »

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
Re: Transmission of alternating energy.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 02:36:39 pm »
Wires work really well ;) But I assume you mean wireless. 10 meter is too much for resonant transfer with reasonable size coils. So then you are left with ultrasonic, laser, microwave and mmWave. Of those microwave is really the only one which can achieve your desired efficiency.

-The safety and interference regulations for ISM bands make wireless power transfer a non starter for anything more than a couple 100 mW (unless you are important enough to get an exemption).
-To get decent directionality at 2.4 GHz you need large antennas.

To sum up, you might be able to transfer a couple 100 mW over 10 meter with 1m2 antennas.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 06:14:54 pm »
     Anyone know Transmission of aternating energy or know some others who have tips trick working or tests they want to do on it. I want to understand the concept of electricity into physical energy through the target of 10 meters and to which the requirement of this i would like to produce 73% xfer of wattage from the station to the receiver in what is also to be needed and i dont think they are that different to each other except addded wireless receiver which i would like to test. Just wondering if anyone has any on hand time looking to do some recovery on this sort a thing can help wont give up or can be interested too would like to know locally to me but internet may include needing to make more than 1 set-up.
 (Edit:-) I know lots about hte stuff and look no one is professional here, really! I don't think the government understand the way it is to work though it sort not out there too and i would like to be part of it a bit with a beater game, really! have tries and tries at it but it may take another or a few to work things out together and i think its a fair prize to invent something there wasn't even understood yet at a level higher than what is shown in the points throughout the history and may be the newest thing out there there if seen to work out. Now i do read lots of things so i don't completely have a undercare on this but too it needs people because it should be enjoyed and i think goes without saying logic will recredit where all can utilise from this wonderful concept through discovery. Thanks hope i get some responses of interest as really seem to burn the fuse on me this thing...

"Alternating energy" is an interesting concept!
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: Magoku

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2023, 06:50:59 pm »
Before wireless telegraphy (Marconi and his competitors), there were others who used electromagnetic induction (near field) rather than radiation (wave propagation).

• !
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 08:16:02 am »
 Thanks for the reply Marco, I think your right all that it come to me making a transmitter is to poke at the specs a bit. To see the tuning of it work not looking at microwave nor a antenna would be what i'm thinking to grasp at what kind of inducers or recepatacle. I could make it from that can be useful to produce wireless amplitude which is not the electricty but the magnetic waves going along the ground perfectly safe. Then a harness can be used with a channel to power things or carried deviced with sheild and inductor, as opposed from using the grounding for the transmitter and the receiver (Harness).
   I got some information to this sort a thing, also would like to try other means to create power probably pretty bazaar really but i do think there is a way.
https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/knowledge-base/magnetic-induction-technology/how-it-works/

Offline Siwastaja

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 08:26:19 am »
"Alternating energy" is an interesting concept!

I exclusively use alternating energy: my energy use alternates.

The following users thanked this post: Gyro, MK14

Online moffy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 09:12:13 am »
Thanks for the reply Marco, I think your right all that it come to me making a transmitter is to poke at the specs a bit. To see the tuning of it work not looking at microwave nor a antenna would be what i'm thinking to grasp at what kind of inducers or recepatacle. I could make it from that can be useful to produce wireless amplitude which is not the electricty but the magnetic waves going along the ground perfectly safe. Then a harness can be used with a channel to power things or carried deviced with sheild and inductor, as opposed from using the grounding for the transmitter and the receiver (Harness).
   I got some information to this sort a thing, also would like to try other means to create power probably pretty bazaar really but i do think there is a way.
https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/knowledge-base/magnetic-induction-technology/how-it-works/

To conduct magnetic waves you just need a long piece of laminated steel, many layers, or ferrite, in a closed loop, to channel the magnetic field i.e. an enormously long transformer for the power requirements.

• !
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 09:29:52 am »
Thanks for reply TimFox , I think thats a good point wave propagation seem like a good one, would like to think that something of a line flaw to the near field. One day we will see truly...

• !
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 09:37:08 am »
     Thanks Moffy, yes it seems like okay for that which my goal isn't to made magnetic waves at all its generate it and then convert back to electricity through harnessing at 73% of the generator value that which i would succeed in doing what i wanted right there. I knew that might be hard to create enough power for a accurate transfer of 10 meters really though thanks for trying.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2023, 05:17:17 pm »
the only wireless transfer of energy that works at scale are these things called transformers..... after that you are into being a nutjob land.

The following users thanked this post: hexreader, MK14

Offline Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2023, 05:57:07 pm »
A blazing question if ever there was!

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2023, 06:19:10 pm »
the only wireless transfer of energy that works at scale are these things called transformers..... after that you are into being a nutjob land.

The Goldstone experiment worked well enough. Not very practical, but still.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2023, 07:23:45 pm »

The Goldstone experiment worked well enough. Not very practical, but still.

i was trying to stick with the very simple, given that someone has obviously been consuming nikola tesla fan fiction trash.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, Magoku

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2023, 07:25:06 pm »
This should belong to Dodgy Technology board.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: janoc, Gyro, MK14, Haenk, Magoku

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2023, 11:49:50 pm »
A source over 30MV should allow you to transfer energy over 10m, not certain about efficiency.

Online moffy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2023, 12:36:12 am »
A source over 30MV should allow you to transfer energy over 10m, not certain about efficiency.

You could also use a laser to help ionize the discharge path and reduce the voltage needed. :)

Offline boB

• Frequent Contributor
    • my work www
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2023, 02:23:46 am »

I don't think you said what kind of power you needed ?

I highly doubt you will get anywhere near 73% efficiency if that is what you meant by 73%.

If you really would like to use wireless energy transfer of any real power, you can use what is already being wirelessly transmitted through the air.  Solar or photovoltics.  Except that it stop during the night so you would need batteries to store the energy for night use.

Wireless Transmitted Fusion energy.  WTF.  Very high tech and is the best wireless transfer of energy method used today.

OR just use wires.

boB

K7IQ

• !
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2023, 03:42:01 am »
 Thanks boB, haha i think its no point to use solar i want the full cycle plus i dont think it is that hard to do. i have been looking into it and that is what i think is discovering as to which can be created for all. I would be needing about 250 volts about 150watts to do the expirament i look at it like this if i can make it travel 10meters then no biggie on 20 kms right? Yes so thats it 73 percent is very accurate i am sure about this and also it uses 1/5 less than a generator through the cables. I'm sure it is a good concept better if real!

The following users thanked this post: boB

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2023, 12:24:04 pm »

I was thinking about batteries.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor

Offline Conrad Hoffman

• Super Contributor
    • The Messy Basement
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2023, 05:19:06 pm »
250 volts, 150 watts across 10 meters? The first thing that comes to mind is a bunch of charged batteries, a trebuchet and a big net to catch them. Or, with good nozzle design, a firehose and a waterwheel 10 meters away. Maybe you can do microwaves in space, but it's not going to be practical/safe on earth. There's a reason wires have proven so successful for power transmission.

The following users thanked this post: boB

Offline ejeffrey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2023, 05:40:07 pm »
Thanks boB, haha i think its no point to use solar i want the full cycle plus i dont think it is that hard to do.

It's incredibly hard to do.

i look at it like this if i can make it travel 10meters then no biggie on 20 kms right?

150 W transfer over 10 meters is difficult (read: expensive) but feasible using microwaves or laser transmission although probably not at the efficiency you want.  While it is unlikely to be a good idea in all but the most extreme circumstances, someone who knows what they are doing could design a system to do this.  It's also possible using near-field transfer with very large coils.  20 km is completely infeasible.

Yes so thats it 73 percent is very accurate i am sure about this and also it uses 1/5 less than a generator through the cables.

This makes no sense.  You don't know how to do it but you are sure it can be 73% efficient? And you think that is more efficient than using wires?  Where you getting this information?

• !
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2023, 02:34:33 am »
 :-// Thanks for reply Conrad Hoffman, but i think its simplicity as i think it seems logical. Amplitude is the way to transfer energy not microwaves, there is supression throughout microwave and i dont trust it because is is allot harder to tune to with lots more than needed to come from it for me that over doing it and im not a stress head. I like the simply Inventors key that allows for the best in life not wanting any false beleif too by the meaning that so many failure is what leads people to things that don't work in the field of not trying enough at the base and thus forth going and endorsing in it all that is so half a baked idea and not fully learnt ones at that. |O

• !
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2023, 02:53:19 am »
   Thanks for reply ejeffrey, but does makes sense can you hear people in your phone without 80% loss of quality then why do you think it can't be so. Truly makes sense allot.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2023, 01:28:47 am »
Amplitude is the way to transfer energy not microwaves
:wtf:  :o
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf