Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

USB host for Arduino

(1/4) > >>

Miti:
I’m trying to connect an USB bar code scanner to Arduino for a stand alone functional tester. Do you have any experience with this and is there any USB host to serial adapter that you can recommend? I have Google, I want experience, preferably easily obtainable in NA. I know I could use PS2 but I need USB.

Cheers,
Miti

rs20:
Just to clarify requirements, what kind of USB device does the barcode scanner appear as? IIRC, USB barcode scanners normally appear as USB keyboards, right? (I.e. they just "type out" whatever barcode they see?)

If that's the case, then I assume one promising lead could be a USB-keyboard to PS/2 adapter (the more unusual USB-device to PS/2-host variant), assuming you can get the arduino to speak PS/2.

capt bullshot:
If you need USB host capabilities, a Raspberry Pi would be the better choice over Arduino.

rs20:
I agree that an RPi is definitely worth exploring.

Can also consider: https://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-host-dip  (better alternatives may exist?)

newbrain:

--- Quote from: capt bullshot on October 19, 2021, 09:54:00 am ---If you need USB host capabilities, a Raspberry Pi would be the better choice over Arduino.

--- End quote ---
Depending on the needs, also a Raspberry Pi Pico might be a cheap solution for a HID USB host.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version