Author Topic: Help Identifying an old chip  (Read 2592 times)

Offline andersendrTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Help Identifying an old chip
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:58:11 am »
Hello forum,
I recently scraped an old piece of Motorola radio equipment, one of the displays I kept.  It has 4 common cathode red 7seg LED's on it, part number MAN74A.  On the LED board there is also 2 buttons which go back to the driver or microprocessor.  I am attempting to determine the driver chip.  It has 3 wires coming to the board, red, black and white.  I assume power, gnd, and data.  On the driver board it has a cap, resister and diode.  The numbers on the chip are as follows,
51R84865G10
EA 7316B
8001 X

The symbol on the chip is "ea", where if you rotated either letter by 180 degrees it would look like the other.  I am really thinking about using this setup as one, but would like to know about the driver chip. 

Offline RayJones

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal Website
Re: Help Identifying an old chip
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 07:08:58 am »
LOL, pumping the LM3861 into google shows you probably have the guts of a digital clock - fits the description!

Offline andersendrTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Help Identifying an old chip
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »
OK thanks everyone.  Now I wish I could find a datasheet.  Dose anyone have any good places for old datasheets?  Google turns up some of the chips for sale on eBay in Germany but they do not offer any datasheets. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf