Author Topic: Vacuum Fluorescent Display Driver  (Read 14279 times)

Offline bostonmanTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Vacuum Fluorescent Display Driver
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2024, 06:33:22 pm »
Oh okay, I should have realized it. I was focused on thinking both N and FN were DIP.

My attention was: new IC model 518 is the PLCC and old model is DIP; and both DIPs came in a N or FN option.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2024, 01:50:15 am »
I'm still trying to make time for a daughter board, so this is why the thread hasn't been updated.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2024, 01:34:52 am »
I've completed the schematic (it's nothing spectacular) and the PCB (see attached).

Rather than draw all the connections on the schematic, I used ports. Also, I may have wasted time creating a PCB with both ICs since ideally the surface mount replacement one can't be used since it keeps blowing, however, it opens the option for using the correct one should a need arise.

The schematic has some issues. The IC pins aren't labeled input or outputs, and all the ports are facing one way. The PCB shows pin 1 on the VFD being at the wrong end.

Unfortunately it took me a bit to re-familiarize myself with PCB layout along with creating components. Once I was knee deep, I just kept the errors as is.

Earlier I ordered the PCBs (I'm waiting to see if the company finds any issues).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf