Author Topic: VAN bus interfacing (to read car speed and engine RPM Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI 2002)  (Read 95025 times)

Offline BL4

I bought this one: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005001459118272.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2a50b90a0AjLeT (model 3C variant C as my car is a Peugeot 307 from 2003 with steering wheel controls.

Actually, I already tried all possible lines with key1 and key2 of the radio and as expected it doesn't detect the commands.

Attached are some images of the can-bus box that came with the radio.

Offline morcibacsi

• Regular Contributor
Silly question, but did you set the CAN bus type in the settings? There is a Hiworld type there. (See attachment)

https://youtu.be/MtLH9LZdBNc?t=17

Offline BL4

Yes, in fact I've even tested all the options with the 307 model. None of the options is able to detect steering wheel controls.

I start to think that the seller sent me the wrong Can Box, because along with it came an antenna adapter (picture attached) which is for Peugeot 307 CAN since my radio antenna connector is different.

Offline morcibacsi

• Regular Contributor
Well, unfortunately that is also a possibility. I got a box for a Toyota with my unit, so unfortunately everything is possible :( by the way that antenna adapter is used in facelift 307

As a a last resort you could try Peugeot 206s from the list, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wouldn't work as well...

Offline BL4

The vehicle list in the radio software has few peugeot models and they are mostly recent models, peugeot 206 is not an option.

I'm going to buy the specific universal adapter for 307 VAN that I indicated above and when it arrives I'll put the result here.

Offline henrioliver

My friend @morcibacsi, I was seeing your project for the audio remote control, can I use the same board as the on-board computer project or would I have to make a separate board? Thanks

Offline henrioliver

My friend @morcibacsi, I was seeing your project for the audio remote control, can I use the same board as the on-board computer project or would I have to make a separate board? Thanks

Hi morcibacsi how are you? I finally finished the assembly of the board, new computer started working on my 206, but I don't use the original radio, only the com2000 lever button that controlled the old CB, is there how to compile the two projects PSAVanCanBridge + PSAWifiDisplayC on the same ESP32 board? any other way to access the menu without the radio? Thanks

Offline BL4

Today I received a new CAN box from the Chinese seller and when I connected it to the radio I got a strange behavior.

What happens is that when I connect the radio the CANBUS is able to read the controls on the steering wheel and show information about the door open, however, if I start the car engine the CANBUS can no longer recognize the steering wheel controls or door opening information. For it to recognize the information again it is necessary to disconnect the radio from the car and wait several minutes before reconnecting again (if I don't start the engine).

Is there any difference in VAN communications (between having or not having the engine running) that could justify this behavior?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 06:23:53 pm by BL4 »

Online daisizhou

• Frequent Contributor
You can check the link below.An interesting little production.
https://www.instructables.com/Low-Cost-OBD2-Communications-on-K-line-ISO-9141-2-/
daisizhou#sina.com #=@

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf