Author Topic: What buzzer frequency (tone) would you consider "unannoying", if at all?  (Read 11187 times)

Online Rick Law

• Super Contributor
So, I'm working on a design for a lap instrument and my employer insisted on a bloody beeper  :--.

Let me suggest another path instead of a frequency, why not let him see the light.  Choose a tone that sound like someone is passing gas...

Booo-oopp,  Boooooo-oopp, Boob..booob...beeeee  (smell optional)

Then, follow Len's comment - I assure you, your boss will ask to borrow your wire cutter to cut that damn jumper.

Use a pitch that's in tune with all the other beepers in the room.

If that's not possible, include a discreetly placed jumper to de-beep it. Or a convenient wire that can be cut if you unscrew the back panel.

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
I'd say 17-19khz squarewave, you won't hear it but any kids or dogs would kill you.

Sample some Mariah Carey.

iratus parum formica

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
3 level volume control - loud, soft and off. Default setting is soft.

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
I played around with Audacity, and generated 200ms tones of each of 400 Hz, 800 Hz, 1000Hz, 2000 Hz, 2900 Hz, 2950 Hz, 3140 Hz, 3200 Hz, 3300 Hz, 3450 Hz, 3491 Hz, 3840 Hz, and 4260 Hz.  These were the common tones I could find in use.

You can mute and solo each tone to hear it. I personally like 3140 and 3491.  They are both pleasant to my ears.

Audacity project attached.  wavs attached  individually and in 1 allwaves.zip file too.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:56:09 am by codeboy2k »

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
I played around with Audacity, and generated 200ms tones of each of 400 Hz, 800 Hz, 1000Hz, 2000 Hz, 2900 Hz, 2950 Hz, 3140 Hz, 3200 Hz, 3300 Hz, 3450 Hz, 3491 Hz, 3840 Hz, and 4260 Hz.  These were the common tones I could find in use.

You can mute and solo each tone to hear it. I personally like 3140 and 3491.  They are both pleasant to my ears.

Audacity project attached.  wavs attached  individually and in 1 allwaves.zip file too.

Wow. Forum commitment.

iratus parum formica

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
Wow. Forum commitment.

Currently out of work :( 
Anyone want to outsource some projects to me, if they are overloaded ?  ;)

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
Wow. Forum commitment.

Currently out of work :( 
Anyone want to outsource some projects to me, if they are overloaded ?  ;)

Currently trying to clean up 6 gigs of data scattered all over the place. Happy to hand it over.  O0

iratus parum formica

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf