Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

what to do with 2 high power devices I have aquired

(1/2) > >>

firehopper:
both are toshiba, one is a 75l6p43 3 phase bridge rectifier. the other seems to be a igbt device. I know what I want to do with the rectifier, no clue what to do with the other.

firehopper:
if I dont figure out what to do with the igbt, maybe I can send it to noopy so he can crack it open and take pictures.

antimatter503:
How about a solid state tesla coil (SSTC)

T3sl4co1l:
Pretty ordinary, 600V 100A half bridge, mediocre speed (pretty fast for its day I suppose):
https://pdf.searchdatasheet.com/datasheets-0/toshiba/MG100J2YS40.pdf

You're unlikely to use it at continuous capability (~10kW) without industrial power supply and application, but it would do fine in an offline power converter of a few kW (just running at reduced ratings, no sweat), or pulsed at a few 10s kW (like an SSTC).

The downside to an SSTC is, because the switching speed is relatively low, the resonant frequency needs to be low, meaning the secondary needs thousands of turns of relatively fine wire.  You'd probably want to set up a winding jig to make one, or buy one already made from eBay or whatever.

Tim

firehopper:

--- Quote from: T3sl4co1l on July 19, 2021, 07:43:17 pm ---Pretty ordinary, 600V 100A half bridge, mediocre speed (pretty fast for its day I suppose):
https://pdf.searchdatasheet.com/datasheets-0/toshiba/MG100J2YS40.pdf

You're unlikely to use it at continuous capability (~10kW) without industrial power supply and application, but it would do fine in an offline power converter of a few kW (just running at reduced ratings, no sweat), or pulsed at a few 10s kW (like an SSTC).

The downside to an SSTC is, because the switching speed is relatively low, the resonant frequency needs to be low, meaning the secondary needs thousands of turns of relatively fine wire.  You'd probably want to set up a winding jig to make one, or buy one already made from eBay or whatever.

Tim

--- End quote ---
well it was in a battey backup system with tons of gel cells in it. at least 24 batterys, 12v 10ah I do belive. there were more of the half bridge things in there. but couldnt get at them easily. including 2 huge transformers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version