Author Topic: Whats this connector?  (Read 632 times)

Offline cntTopic starter

• Contributor
Whats this connector?
« on: January 19, 2022, 11:32:18 pm »
I'm working on a project for pre, and post gas flow for a welder that has manual control right now.  Rather than cut into the cable, I want to make an inline connection with the foot pedal so I need to find the right connector.  The OEM connector costs 80$ and the other gender isn't really available without cutting up another foot pedal.  Can anyone help me identify the original maker/part number or style name for this connector?

You can buy it under the name amptrol pedal connector (amptrol is some welder company trademark word for potentiometer on a foot pedal).

https://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Foot-Amptrol-Adapter-K4104-1/dp/B010MZSQO4

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Whats this connector?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 01:19:59 am »
looks liek a din 6 connector ??   but for a thing like this  you need to measure the pins spacing, the diameter of the inner shell, of the outer shell   etc ....

since its a chassis mount connector  you can substitue it  for your own ??  could cost less in the end ??

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 01:54:14 am »
The OEM connector costs 80$ and the other gender isn't really available without cutting up another foot peda
ok not oem,but both genders for half of that https://usaweld.com/products/usaweld-replacement-6-pin-remote-amptrol-foot-pedal-connectors-for-lincoln-welders?variant=31493370871891

The following users thanked this post: cnt

Offline cntTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 04:38:01 am »
ah! excellent.  short of finding out its a cheap commodity connector, this is a lot better!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf