Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

WS2812B DMX project - Flickering LEDs - Help Needed

<< < (7/7)

ozcar:
I tried being a bit more destructive.

I gradually turned down the time between the 4μs "start bits", and bang, when that got to 38.5μs (so total time then less than it takes to transmit 1 start bit, 8 data bits and 2 stop bits), most of the LEDs went out. The bursts of LED data were still happening but for as far as I checked, all the bits are zero. Increasing the pseudo DMX  timing again did not restore the LED pattern. I did not try to find what happened at that point, perhaps your code overran the DMX data array.

Edit:

So, I found what was causing that.

I had left the code to update the LEDs from the DMX data in place. There was me thinking that this would not make any difference, as I was not going to go to the effort of creating valid DMX data. However it seems all too easy for total rubbish to be accepted and acted on.

I commented out the code in action_loop() that might update the LEDs from the DMX data, and now regardless of how I change the pulse timing, the LEDs do not go out or flicker.

BTW, it looks like the code in action_loop() that loops through updating the LED array will go beyond the end of the LED array if Led_Num <= 170.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version