Author Topic: 3-pos SPDT or SP3T switch  (Read 3374 times)

Offline popeTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
3-pos SPDT or SP3T switch
« on: June 21, 2022, 09:50:35 am »
Is there a reason why Labcenter don't include such common switch types in their library?

Can it be found anywhere online? Has anyone tried?

Thanks

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
Re: 3-pos SPDT or SP3T switch
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 06:58:57 pm »
You need to be specific.  A 3-pos SPDT switch would have a center off position.  A SP3T switch would be a rotary or slide switch or a toggle with 3 positions.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 07:33:16 am »
You need to be specific.  A 3-pos SPDT switch would have a center off position.  A SP3T switch would be a rotary or slide switch or a toggle with 3 positions.

A toggle ON-OFF-ON switch

And since we're on that, what's the difference between a 3-pos SPDT (on-off-on) switch and a SP3T(on-off-on) one?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:34:54 am by pope »

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 04:03:04 pm »
SP3T isn't the correct name for a switch with center off position.  The proper name is DPDT center off.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 04:18:44 pm »
SP3T isn't the correct name for a switch with center off position.  The proper name is DPDT center off.

Maybe but still this doesn't answer the OP.

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 05:18:17 pm »
I don't use that particular CAD program but suggest that not finding a library for a device is quite common.  You will save headaches and time by learning how to make your own libraries.  In fact, except for very common stuff like resistors, caps, and pin headers, I almost exclusively use my own libraries.  Of course, I borrow design parts from existing libraries, but for footprints, I always check against the datasheet and make changes accordingly.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 05:50:21 pm »
I don't use that particular CAD program but suggest that not finding a library for a device is quite common.  You will save headaches and time by learning how to make your own libraries.  In fact, except for very common stuff like resistors, caps, and pin headers, I almost exclusively use my own libraries.  Of course, I borrow design parts from existing libraries, but for footprints, I always check against the datasheet and make changes accordingly.

Thank you jpanhalt. I have already created quite a few parts for my needs but I'm surprised that such a common part doesn't exist and that's why I asked.

Also, some parts are "interactive" which means that they can be used in real time for simulations. For example, in the case of a switch you can change the position in real time.

However, this involves some coding and I'm not able to do it myslef.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf