Author Topic: Proteus: How to create 45 degree rotated silkscreen text  (Read 14187 times)

Offline michaelivTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Proteus: How to create 45 degree rotated silkscreen text
« on: April 24, 2016, 01:07:00 am »
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible in Proteus to have silkscreen text that is rotated by an arbitrary number, say 45 degrees.
I know it is possible to rotate a component( at which point the text of the component also rotates ) but I can't seem to find the option for text.

Anyone has any tips ?
Thanks!

Offline Wilksey

• Super Contributor
Re: Proteus: How to create 45 degree rotated silkscreen text
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 01:33:11 am »
You can.

It's not something I ever found documented, more of a mistake that I stumbled upon it to be honest.

Anyways,

Lay down your text, change to the pointer tool and select the text, then in the toolbar above select block rotate and type in your custom angle.
Bit of a odd way to do it but it works!

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 01:34:19 am »
If you mean unattached text, just use the rotate icon on the TOP bar, not the right click one.
If you mean text that is PART of the component, nope
If you mean the Part# text that comes with the component, left click to highlight it ie J12, then hold right-click and toggle "+" key
Can you be more specific?
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 01:39:17 am »
Quote from: Wilksey
  .... Bit of a odd way to do it but it works! 
Unsure why you say odd, but anyway. If you right clikck on any object, you have immediate +/- 90 degree increments, which is MOST designs.
If you need finer controls, the Top bar icon will rotate just about anything, including highlighted blocks, which i what it is for, and always has been.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline michaelivTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 02:50:35 am »
Lay down your text, change to the pointer tool and select the text, then in the toolbar above select block rotate and type in your custom angle.
Thanks, it works! Surprised it was so easy.

If you mean unattached text, just use the rotate icon on the TOP bar, not the right click one.
Yes, unattached text. Indeed the +- keys work for rotating everything, I was looking for custom angle increments.

Offline Wilksey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 11:16:13 pm »
Quote from: Wilksey
  .... Bit of a odd way to do it but it works! 
Unsure why you say odd, but anyway. If you right clikck on any object, you have immediate +/- 90 degree increments, which is MOST designs.
If you need finer controls, the Top bar icon will rotate just about anything, including highlighted blocks, which i what it is for, and always has been.

Yes, for 90 degree, but not custom.  Would have thought they would add an option for custom rotate like they do for parts.  The odd part is you have to go through block rotate to get the custom angle rather than allowing you to specify.

Offline Robaroni

• Frequent Contributor
  • Retired EE
    • Design Specialties
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 11:33:29 pm »
I've been using Proteus awhile and I missed the block rotate too!

Thanks,
Rob

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf