Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
This topic reminds me of a potential customer I met a few years ago. An "inventor" type guy who was trying to do something x-raying particular samples. He had bought this x-ray equipment and was setting it up on a CNC in his unit in a complex in the middle of suburbia. No shielding, no licenses, no clue. I highly doubt he ever got it to operate because when I met him he had spliced the RS-232 control wires into a USB cable because "the wire colours were the same"  :palm:

Suffice to say I declined any involvement but its kind of scary to think about once you look past the craziness...
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Bug Reports + Firmware
« Last post by ebastler on Today at 09:34:21 pm »
I can confirm this one. It applies to Qualified and Delay triggers; seems to work OK with other trigger modes.

Will check .. Thanks.

Thanks for looking into this.

Looking back over the past few days, it seems like Qualified and Delay trigger are problematic in multiple ways: Bug entries #14 to #16 refer to them, now this new "trigger threshold in zoom mode" issue; they also both have a less-than-obvious UI and very sparse documentation in the manual.

I noticed that the SDS2000X+ manual does not mention them, so these two trigger types were probably added later and have not seen as much field testing as the rest of the firmware? I realize that it's probably very late in the game for the firmware update currently in the works, but if there's still a chance to overhaul Qualified and Delay triggers, that would make them a stronger part of the offering.

Come to think of it -- it seems that the Nth Edge and Setup/Hold triggers are also later additions which were not in the original 2000X+. Maybe they deserve some extra scrutiny too? I'll try to find some time tomorrow.
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 09:33:36 pm »
Latest firmware update was 5 days ago on the TinySA Ultra. I wonder if they fixed that bug. There's been significant updates apparently since the version I had. I was using 1.4-120, now they're at 1.4-159.
Beginners / Re: Resistor ????
« Last post by Zero999 on Today at 09:32:15 pm »
1 Ohm.

It looks fine.

Have you measured it using a mutimeter?
Other Equipment & Products / Re: New Aixun T380
« Last post by thm_w on Today at 09:32:09 pm »
The nice thing about that is you could use a low power adapter and have it charging constantly (<20W), and should still be fine for most use cases.

They are saying 80W, so 40W+ from each 18650, or about 11A each... ah hope those are good quality cells.
Though I actually hope that spec is BS, driving a C210 at 80W is not necessary at all. 40-50W is fine.

JBCs portable unit is specified at 24W: https://www.jbctools.com/biron-500-tool-precision-handle-product-2512.html

edit: better be an earth port on this I don't see one in the photos  ???
Repair / Re: Simpson 260 series 6 repair
« Last post by floobydust on Today at 09:31:01 pm »
If you have them, check the two clamp diodes across the meter movement are OK, not leaking current or one shorted.
Careful if you are injecting current directly to the meter movement, always include a series resistor like 10kΩ I think for PSU set to a few volts.
Just an update in case someone else picks up one of these devices.

I figured out what was wrong.   When you set the frequency, you have to go back to the main (first that tells how many SATs it's hearing) screen using the encoder.   It will then save the frequency.  Then you can go back to the A or B channel and the frequency will be what you set it to and even after you cycle the power.

Beginners / Re: Replacing SRAM IC with Flash
« Last post by VEGETA on Today at 09:28:44 pm »
first, is my understanding above correct?

but something i was wondering about, if i control a15 to 18 this would make it a 16 bit address while original is just 15. how does this affect the operation?

as for handling battery and charging... i can do it but i am now worried about the main function.

i could use something like this: https://www.instructables.com/74HC393-Binary-Counter/
to control the 4 address bits.

i prefer using just one push button to cycle through all banks, i assume this one will be connected to "clock" input of the binary counter right?

if i want to show the currently selected bank, i think using a binary to decimal decoder or so can work... either drive an LED (would need 16 LEDs) or as you said segment displays
General Technical Chat / Re: Is LinkedIn worth keeping?
« Last post by floobydust on Today at 09:27:53 pm »
LinkedIn is shit - Microsoft inept at running it. No Electronics Engineering as a profession, antique categories.
Same old same old algorithm- repeatedly asking you if you want to connect with people from companies you have previously worked for, including the assholes.
Someone viewed your profile, you were in a search hit!!!! Have to bounce, redirect, log in to see who or what, or just pay for premium. It's so childish. Are we in jr. high?

I'm told the site is much better, more menus and options appear when using Microsoft's Edge browser. One peer has that browser installed only for using LinkedIn.
I was surprised stay at home moms are struggling to use the site- which is all built around what corporation you are working for right now. Officially unemployed category moms are not really understood by the website.
Here is firmware and schematic of usb-blaster with PIC18F14K50 like my one:
https://gist.github.com/TCWORLD/6fa3ab7cf97a63db882845c53dd6e195
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next