Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Faxitron DX-50 / MX-20 FOSS toolkit
« Last post by rickells on Today at 04:48:42 pm »

New thread on newer  BiOptics Bio Vision BioVision Faxitron units  ca. ~ 2009 - 2015

See:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/faxitron-biovisionbioptics-win7-(pci-resource-issue)/new/#new

New thread on newer  BiOptics Bio Vision BioVision Faxitron units  ca. ~ 2009 - 2015

See:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/faxitron-biovisionbioptics-win7-(pci-resource-issue)/new/#new

Manufacturing & Assembly / Re: tough sheet dielectric material?
« Last post by coppercone2 on Today at 04:47:12 pm »
hmm that is some stuff to look at.

The idea is lets say a transformer dismounts, and its connected to wiring. The transformer edge hits the chassis as it falls off the table and then wiring can touch that area. Lets say like a 3x3 inch transformer

I have a feeling 10thousanth kapton (even though the sheets I find are only 0.002-0.003) won't be enough. I only see tape in the 0.01, I wanted sheets.

What kind of thickness of material is required so that a corner hit from a height will protect it electically?

My my little power supplies I have been making (94% efficency AC/DC converter + fuses, fan) I am putting kapton in the area under the PCB and on the lid bottom. Its all grounded but it can't hurt. Say a part desolders. The kapton is rated for 300C. But I see in the welding machines there is like more of a thick sheet glued to the chassis. I doubt its as high temperature rated, but it looks relatively puncture proof.

I forgot about polyester. That might be the best bet, I think it glues OK. I thought the bigger temp is better because it might prevent damage from arcing and stuff (harder to destroy it).

Getting thin strip of garolite or bakelite I guess is also an option. But I have a feeling their too stiff and it will pop off the chassis after a impact, the plastic might conform to chassis dents. This is a limiting factor of maximum thickness IMO.
Repair / JBC SL-2300
« Last post by lionelkjh on Today at 04:46:31 pm »
Good evening; I am currently repairing a JBC SL-2300 soldering station which fully regulates the temperature...After disassembly; I notice that the electronic card has 2 wires at a corner of the card where the sector arrives; which justifies the inoperative regulation... My question is therefore: what is this component replaced by a piece of wire? Resistors; diodes?? What are their respective values? In addition I would also like to replace the complete iron because some parts are missing....Here are the card references: JBC 0223395...If anyone can help me find these 2 missing components as well as the iron; that would be great! I am attaching the photos I took.....Thank you for your valuable help!
General Technical Chat / Re: Do you think an LED is a resistor?
« Last post by BU508A on Today at 04:46:14 pm »
Because I am discussing the FUNDAMENTAL nature of the diode.

This is the fundamental behaviour of a diode. Doesn't really look like a resistor.

Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 04:45:42 pm »
Re-hacking after a firmware update is normal on many oscilloscope hacks.

Not on Siglent. Once a feature is unlocked, it stays that way.
General Technical Chat / Re: Do you think an LED is a resistor?
« Last post by PlainName on Today at 04:44:27 pm »
It is what it makes it a diode

That's what you  keep getting told. A diode has non-linear resistance. A resistor has linear resistance.

So you agree that a diode is a nonlinear resistor.

But you don't think that nonlinear resistors are... resistors. Correct?

I think you need to take a course in reading comprehension. Ask an optician why you keep seeing 'resistor' where it really says 'resistance'.
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Faxitron MX20 x-ray problems...
« Last post by rickells on Today at 04:44:22 pm »

Newer BiOptics Bio Vision BioVision Faxitron units  ca. ~ 2009 - 2015

See:
Beginners / Re: Replacing SRAM IC with Flash
« Last post by VEGETA on Today at 04:43:37 pm »
Use a larger FRAM device, like FM28V100, though you will need to make a small interface board to interface the 32pin SMD to DIP28. This gives you the option to add in 2 jumpers, allowing you to have 4 images in the FRAM, each totally separate.

i am limited with the n64 itself, its memory is 32kx8 arrangement. i don't know if it can accept larger ones.

it also requires parallel interface... too bad since spi and other interfaces are very cheap!

do you know any solution i can use to maneuver this? like using a 1 mbit ic but still let it act as 4 separate 256k (32kx8) ic... or create an interface to convert the parallel ram to spi ram and vise versa.

No you can not do this, flash is slower than normal Sram.
However you mention is not flash it is ferroelectric and according to the specs comparable with your SRAM.
I don't know enough of this type of storage to give you any valid advice  ^-^

Benno

original is sram and existing solution is fram... but i ask if same size flash can be used.

upon checking again i only found this one: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/rochester-electronics-llc/N28F256A150/12129264

the rest are otp eeproms and uv eeproms.... then comes the fram ones. fram\mram are very expensive.

this one is normal eeprom: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/rochester-electronics-llc/TMS27PC256-17FML/12135079

it is marketplace but still very cheap.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next