Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by pdenisowski on Today at 09:01:33 am »
Auto and Default button should have confirmation, if you ask me...

Or at least not be right next to each other - can't count the number of times I accidently hit "Preset" when I meant to hit "Autoset"  :palm:

Go to Keysight or R&S and demand features... We have Paul here from R&S and he can explain how it works. If manufacturer can make some changes they will gladly do it, if possible (technically) and if it is appropriate to the device class and if it fits in their long term strategy.

There is a lot that goes into deciding what features we add to our instruments.  Some planned features may not be available at launch but are added early on in the product life cycle.  Some features are added at customer request or to address a competitive situation.  Some features are added but at additional cost (license), especially for newer technologies that didn't exist when the product was launched or for technologies that represent a significant engineering expense. 

One thing that we don't typically do is (radically) change the GUI or user interface unless absolutely necessary.  For every customer who wants you to change something, there is another customer who likes things just the way they are.

There is also the issue of test automation - changing the way things are done in a GUI sometimes also necessitates changing the underlying SCPI commands, and that is a big no-no for customers who make heavy use of automation.

So yeah, it's a complex situation.  That said, we always welcome comments, feedback, suggestions, etc. from all of our customers, including hobbyists.  Yes, the feedback from large customers tends to carry more weight, but some of our best feature enhancements have come from "average" customers.  I have had the "every-single-customer-I-meet-with-wants-this-feature" conversation more times than I can remember :)
Metrology / Re: Null Detector based on Conrad Hoffman design check
« Last post by Kleinstein on Today at 08:59:53 am »
4 mA is indeed pretty high for battery operation. The alternative is a comparator / OP to compare the 2.5 V (half of 5 V) to some 45% of the input voltage. This could getaway with some 200-250 µA when using a MCP6001/2 and less if needed.
Metrology / Re: Ultra Low Noise Reference 2DW232, 2DW233, 2DW23x
« Last post by Birb on Today at 08:59:39 am »
.. or a 10k 10T WW pot..
Does the circuit still work if both cathodes of the zener diodes are connected together? I say this because for some reason all of the 2DW23Xes I have appear to share a common cathode.
Thanks.
Buy/Sell/Wanted / WTB (AU) Broken or very dysfunctional Keithley 2001
« Last post by Finnaaah on Today at 08:58:16 am »
Looking for a repair project in the convenient form of a Keithley 2001. Thought I would try my luck here, I am very happy to purchase internationally as well as domestically  :-+
Any condition is fine, I'm looking for a challenge :popcorn:
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by eTobey on Today at 08:57:52 am »
I would say the confirmation is not needed on the higher class instruments like SDS1000X HD and up, since the potentially dangerous "Default" and "Auto Setup" buttons are nicely recessed and cannot easily be pushed by accident.
I would totally disagree!  :box:

I am not using those buttons really much, so a confirmation dialog would not be annoying at all. Also, there might be the case where i hit the button intentionally, but the confirmation dialog would give me the chance to ask myself "am i really finished with that part of measurement?".

But wait: wasnt there someone that said, this dialog confirmation could be changed?
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Bugs/Wanted Features
« Last post by electronics hobbyist on Today at 08:56:59 am »
Some may argue, that this is a not bug, but i think i have sufficient experience with an edge trigger to say this is a bug.
The trigger works on the upper limit as expected.

Find attached the setup file. Feel free to investigate this too!

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-dho800900-oscilloscope-bug-reports-firmware/msg5351876/#msg5351876      :palm:

You can send me a private message in the future, let's discuss first.
Also does anyone have any specific screw grabbing pliers like for 6-32 or 4-40 or 8-32 that you can go in from the top and turn it like a socket but with less bulk more like a plier mixed with a spanner? So you can maneuver around obstructions. Perhaps extra long so you can bend them into a curve if you want would be nice

like hose grip pliers but hex
« Last post by 2N3055 on Today at 08:55:46 am »
Some may argue, that this is a not bug, but i think i have sufficient experience with an edge trigger to say this is a bug.
The trigger works on the upper limit as expected.

Find attached the setup file. Feel free to investigate this too!

We don't understand anything here.
Video is bad and blurry...
What is the problem? What are you doing?

Feel free to actually explain what the problem is..
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: Analog amplifiers for pulsed LIDAR
« Last post by tggzzz on Today at 08:50:27 am »
Now we have a new way to start every post about lasers: "tggzzz, no need to comment. Please go away."

As long as you make the point I would have made, that's perfectly sane :)

Basically every time I see a child about to run into the road without looking, I will warn them. What would other people do? What should other people do?

Perfect let's analyze again what you said in the light of your recent analogy. It really shows the difference between your post and what you think you are doing.

in your original post you quote
" Fundamentally, I really don't care if it blinds you, but I do care about random people passing by. "

So effectively in the light of your analogy what you are actually doing is warning the kid running into the road because you care about the cars and the people driving, not the child itself. Or is it not the person working with the laser at highest risk of being damaged by set laser?

Or are these not your comments?

I'm not feeding this particular troll anymore.
« Last post by eTobey on Today at 08:49:54 am »
May not be a bug, it is a character encoding display issue.You can use NI MAX ASCII code to parse, or read data in Python and then use ASCII code to parse.

I have analysed the data that comes out of the scope. It matches the data printed in the browers. The display format has choosen to be decimal (on the scope). I think this bug only happens, when there ir a greater amount of datasets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next