Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by Martin72 on Today at 10:44:13 pm »
And Toyota... ;)
But it doesn't matter, I notice from our customers when they come to the factory acceptance test that fewer and fewer are surprised by siglent equipment, because it's becoming better known.
I had played around with the demo board a little earlier, no this time not the one from batronix, the STB-3 from siglent.
It has a decoder, noisy pwm and, something the batronix board doesn't have, an "SPO" signal, which is used to demo the super phosphor technology.
@tautech:
I can't decode the I²C signal correctly with the 800X HD either, making it the 6th scope that can't do it - any feedback from siglent yet ?
Thermal Imaging / Re: Flir E4 Thermal imaging camera teardown
« Last post by Bud on Today at 10:42:40 pm »
You can do it on your camera but do not do it to the published files. This will put unsuspecting buyers at risk, as there will be disohnest people making business out of it. Applying official firmware updates to modified cameras is going to brick them, secondary buyers must know they bought unsupported modified device.
As tooki put it already, there are only a few manufacturers worldwide that offer Multimeter fuses that go up to 1000V- mainly because they have to be able to extinguish AC+DC currents.

Basically, in Europe and US markets, there are only 3 fuse manufacturers available: Bussmann, Littelfuse, SIBA.
A trick is to use the fluke-branded fuses from a trusted source, as they are relabelled bussman fuses, but in most cases cheaper that the same vendor offering genuine bussmann packaged fuses.

@tooki: Hioki documents in the manual for the DT4282 that they use fuses from chinese manufacturer Hollyland in 10x38mm for both of the inputs, maybe worth an addendum to the list?
Test Equipment / Re: Alternatives to HP 6652A Power Supply????.......
« Last post by Smokey on Today at 10:39:54 pm »
The 6652A is a switching PSU.

True.  There is also a serious step down transformer in the HP supplies, but you are right it's probably more about the output capacitance.  I guess that still applies though to the smaller units that don't look like they have the size to support nearly as much capacitance.  I wonder what the primary step down method is.  Flyback maybe?
you keep losing 10 bucks and you find yourself pulling wire out of a printer instead of buying a spool of new teflon from digikey.

There is always a need for high quality consumables to improve project quality and small sums add up quick in this hobby IMO.

There is a ton of 15$ nicknacks that are hard to buy, and you never get that good work flow going if you keep wasting money on avant garde experimental thermal stuff.

A mechanical gadget, IMO, usually will be worth something, because it can probobly do something so long its made of metal. A thermal gadget??? that can easily be a total waste of money.
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Last post by Mechatrommer on Today at 10:32:37 pm »
Ghidra is quite good! analyzing code took very long time, but its worth it, iirc yesterday i wasnt patient enough i didnt realize what it was... i think AFG presence check not yet implemented (HasAFG) and "read afg state" only return the 5 bits pin output of 0x7A-0x7E... i think i'm starting to catching up here 8) to be a code digger... just a show off! :P
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: vacume caps
« Last post by coppercone2 on Today at 10:31:16 pm »
the thread is about us too we are not getting paid it should optimally be mutually beneficial. this is not a likely outcome for many threads but it is what makes us actually go to the forum, because good intention wears out fast (its a portion of why people post but not the whole story).

If it gets too out of hand the Op can ask for people to refocus. Part of starting a discussion is managing it, some effort is required... applies in real life too. On a 10 page dumpster fire the mods could step in.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus vs SDS2000X HD
« Last post by Martin72 on Today at 10:31:00 pm »
Yes and yes.
In addition, if you had bought the logic probes, they would be obsolete because they do not fit the 1000X HD.
Because you have to keep this in mind, logic analyzer and function generator, the hardware is integrated in the 2000xplus, while you have to buy hardware and software for the 1000X HD.
On the other hand, there is the 12-bit resolution.
Is that enough to switch from the 2000X plus to the 1000X HD?
In the end, everyone has to answer the question for themselves.
If you don't have a 2000X yet and are faced with the choice of 2000X plus or 1000X HD, it may look a little different.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by BillyO on Today at 10:25:41 pm »
I'm curious to see whether these "low cost" instruments start penetrating the academic market in the United States.  Most universities seem to either still buy instruments from the "major" manufacturers, or they have their students buy their own "personal" all-in-one instruments such as the Digilent Analog Discovery.  Are any universities in the United States buying Siglents, etc. instruments in bulk for their labs? 

List of Siglent some customers who use Siglent instruments. There is also some US universities.
List is published in Siglent (HQ) web sides 2024

It is also good to remember that the product is not just something inside the delivery box. The whole product is much more, especially when going mainstream away from the narrow small hobbyist market. The development of all aspects related to this is a really "the long march", which has only just begun.

Broadcom and Microchip are in there twice.  They must really love Siglent equipment!

GE too!
Manowar kick ass.. have met them here after a show. Eric Adams is a great guy. \m/.

I'm twice as happy to help a fellow metalhead..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next