Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Dodgy Multimeter
« Last post by ataradov on Today at 06:45:21 pm »
Yeah, I vote spam.
Test Equipment / Re: Transistor Curve Tracer kit on ebay
« Last post by Bud on Today at 06:44:07 pm »
Yes ferrite chokes, ou can use snap-on split chokes or regular ones since you can run your wires through the core.
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Lots of gear from "GrandPa's Lot"
« Last post by Inverted18650 on Today at 06:43:22 pm »
TEN-TEC Titan 425A Linear Amplifier: unable to test because I am missing the power cord. (with "owners manual"; pic of it shortly)

I have already planned a trip back to get the important items like this so fingers-crossed, its laying around the shop!

But this doesn't have a spec of dust on it, and I didnt clean it, so I have a feeling ti was in constant use on the bench somewhere near the radio's.
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Lots of gear from "GrandPa's Lot"
« Last post by Brumby on Today at 06:41:34 pm »
Words fail me....
General Chat / Re: How to get a good answer in a forum.
« Last post by Brumby on Today at 06:38:59 pm »

Just " How do you add two numbers together " is plain trolling...

Maybe it was a poor example.

Actually, I would suggest that was a good example.  That assessment, however, is based on the fact that the person posing the question was, in fact, asking a genuine question ... just in a poorly structured form.

That can be a significant issue - where people understand in their own head what they mean, but don't construct their question in a way where they correctly convey the necessary information for others to understand.  This is fundamental communication.  It is unfortunate that such an important part of life has fallen into general disrepair among a significant proportion of the populace.
Use NIVISA Runtime for the connection drivers AND install it first.
Then EasyPower will then connect seamlessly and you can use the SCPI console within.
When I enter `SHELLCMD telnetd -l/bin/sh -p9999` and press Query, I get a beep (which it seems to only do for invalid commands, the other commands, the output of which is shown in the attached image, seem to work fine.)

Without a place to even plug a flash drive in, though, how is this command supposed to be effective even if it works (not that it appears to)?
Test Equipment / Re: Transistor Curve Tracer kit on ebay
« Last post by Calambres on Today at 06:37:07 pm »
Thanks for your answer.

With EMI suppression ferrites you mean ferrite beads, right?

I know the 10cm warning in the original ELEKTOR article but this is not compatible with what I'm trying to do. I'll follow your suggestions and report them back here once done.

Thanks again.
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Optocoupler technology
« Last post by blueskull on Today at 06:35:15 pm »
VOM1271T
This device looks interesting, do we have a cheaper version to build Solid state relays with MOSFETs!?

Toshiba TLP series. Usually more expensive, but with better driving capability.
Or if you have access to cheap P-JFETs for the turn-off circuit, go with VO1263.
The description page you linked to says the top work surface is steel. Is it really steel? I have never seen an induction cooktop made with steel.

Interesting also to see the gears that drive the pot. Did you make those yourself?

At any rate, I would first determine what kind of signal goes through the pot. If it is low voltage DC the solution is going to be easier than if it is high voltage AC. To start you can use a multimeter (with great care).
General Chat / Re: How to get a good answer in a forum.
« Last post by Rerouter on Today at 06:33:59 pm »
There is always the counter-troll, I have come across a large amount of good information this way, Answer so poorly that someone else snaps and thinks "something is wrong on the internet, I must correct this", Then enjoy the half page answer so detailed you think its an expert in there field  :box:

In reality, Its a fine balance between enough information, in small enough chunks that someone that knows about it can understand it without having to put pen to paper most times, every industry uses different inhouse names for all manner of things, and most times unless you know there exact wording, it wont click, but explain the concept and you have a chance.

Ironically I find the less intelligent in the subject I come across as, the better the answers, because then all the stupid rules of thumb get explained that otherwise will kick your butt 3 weeks into a project.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next