Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Last post by Slavius on Today at 08:55:37 am »
Who knows why the "ADC Phase" calibration does not work?

I think that this is exactly the calibration that is needed, with the help of which the phase shift of the channels is calibrated.

Does anyone know how to calibrate this element?
If this item is selected, and regardless of whether only this or other items, then calibration ends with the error "Unknown error occurred while calibrating"
Test Equipment / Re: Rohde & Schwarz CMU200
« Last post by Vit G on Today at 08:54:36 am »
Hi!  Does the cmu200 have a PTT output function for controlling a device connected to it to automate measurements? CMU has many aux ports, but the manual does not describe this function
 > i ment what is the exact voltage on the out pin7  and Vss pin 5?

When UCCxxx in turned on state voltage in pin 7 will be the same as on pin 8 (Vcc). You also can measure voltage BETWEEN pins 5 and 7 - it will be isolated side supply voltage.
Measuring any of them relative whole schema ground meanless, because all MOSFET control circuit floating with the Source potential of MOSFET.
So datasheet also lack of this numbers - they have no any physical meaning (except for maximum isolation voltage - difference between any primary net potential and secondary should not exceed it)
In your circuit Source of MOSFET (in turned on state) will bring to +24V
Repair / Re: FLUKE 8920A multimeter repair needs some help
« Last post by daisizhou on Today at 08:36:26 am »
Can anyone help me? I need help
For just INL test it should not take so lang for the LTZ1000 to stabilize. The more tricky part can be drift at other parts (OP-amps, resistors and the DAC)  from board stress and humidity changes. Ideally the INL test sequence would allow for some constant drift at least. The drift can be from the ref. source, but also the DUT.  As an example have a sequence like full voltage, upper half, lower half, maybe the upper half again and than full voltage again. One may want to repeat the tests multiple times anyway, especially if there can be popcorn type noise as this can cause outlyers.
Repair / Re: Tektronix Camshaft repair guide
« Last post by BlownUpCapacitor on Today at 08:35:16 am »
Update: This method will not work for camshafts that have dual cams ei dual timebases like the 7B53A
Test Equipment / Re: Magnova oscilloscope
« Last post by moerm on Today at 08:32:42 am »
You can also get a 350Mhz 12 bit scope for 3400€ (SDS2354X HD), I can't imagine that you would launch your own scope at twice the price without being sure that it can compete with it.
And that a larger screen alone is not enough.

(emphasis mine)

I think that pretty much nails it.

Whatever. A new player in the scope market certainly is welcome news to many (incl. myself).

I'm glad to see this thread active again and I probably (and unfortunately) did derail it somewhat but I had no ill intentions whatsoever. In fact, while feeling innocent (in terms of intentions) I recognize that my merely telling what I think and after that simply responding to others seems to have had a negative effect. And for that I sincerely apologize. I certainly wish no harm whatsoever to Batronix.

Even more ironically:  although their first video is very critical of the RTM's roll mode implementation, it didn't stop Afug from using the RTM (in roll mode!!!) when explaining PWM in a different video :)

Talking about Afug I went to youtube and watched a relatively recent video about a Benning current clamp.
And lo and behold! - what did I see there? A Micsig scope!

As you seem to be keen to interpret her/them using this or that scope for this or that purpose, let's look at what that newer video tells us. Maybe, shock and awe, it means that the RTM was, matching the findings of their review/test video series, found to be unsatisfactory and replaced by a Micsig scope?

In other words: I get it, you work at and for R&S, and not surprisingly tend to defend them. That's OK and normal.

BUT: Never ever smear or belittle a benevolent reviewer (not payed, serving "the community")!
Maybe politely hint at a (e.g. procedural) error such a reviewer might make, that's OK, nobody expects a company to hold still when someone erroneously "puts them in a bad light". But do not do what you did - such "irony" is bound to turn against you in the long run.

Friendly regards
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Last post by Slavius on Today at 08:32:02 am »
I Tried this today and this is what I got. any help would be grate.
DOH814 firmware 00.01.02 it did make a backup though.

adb: error: remote object '/rigol/data/Key.data' does not exist

go run rgtoolMod.go
keyFile: Key.data
deviceId: DHO8
SCPI format: ':SYSTem:OPTion:INSTall'
options: [RLU BW7T10]
error open Key.data: The system cannot find the file specified.
exit status 10

Please, send generated :SYSTem:OPTion:INSTall commands to the scope via the SCPI interface, and press any key to check for the new *.lic files.
Options are installed without scope reboot.
Press any key to continue . . .

As far as I know, in the latest firmware they changed Key.data to RKey.data. I spent a long time fiddling around with this hack of this oscilloscope. And besides this, there was something else that needs to be remembered.
Turning the meter off for the nights is not ideal and adds some uncertainty to the test. It can still work, but may need more time for a useful result. A longer time interval to abserve the drift can compensate for the extra warm up related effect. Ideally one would compare data at the same time after turn on (e.g. 2 or 3 hours).  The test data will show how stable the CAL72 data are. If there is large drift it would show relatively fast. To be sure that one has a good unit it may take more time (e.g. 20 days).
The measurement values in Scope mode seem to have more problems than I thought before when in DC input mode(FW1.32). I measured the switching on signal of my PSU at 12V setpoint. I set the scope to 100ms/div and 5V/div. The signal on the screen clearly shows the 12V amplitude of the voltage ramp. The vpp,max,min values are completely off and do depend on where I set the vertical offset.
Zoyi please fix this. I cannot imagine that this is hard to do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next