Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Wanted Features
« Last post by 2N3055 on Today at 03:15:10 pm »
Have been playing with my 804X all morning, and so far I'm really impressed. Other than the slightly sluggish UI (in particular, the waveform stops updating for an annoying long period of time when I adjust the trigger position), it's hard to believe this is a £355 scope. Especially when it's already shown me something interesting about a critical signal on my current project that I wasn't even aware of after a day probing it with my Agilent.

So, feature request #3: Can anything be done about the delay between adjusting the horizontal trigger time, and the waveform update resuming?

And feature request #4: Use full memory depth for single shot capture. On the Agilent, a single-shot capture grabs more data than just what fits on the screen, so I can press 'single' then pan and zoom the result, including a lot more pre- and post-trigger data. On the Siglent, pressing 'single' fills the screen, but the acquisition begins and ends with what can be displayed, even if that leaves memory unused. Why not fill the memory, so I can trigger on an interesting event and then scroll back and forward to see what happened before and after?

To grab long memory, simply change timebase to long capture it and then inspect at will.
Siglent can do same thing just adjust to different workflow.

What you ask for is not possible as is, because architecture is optimized for other more useful function.

Megazoom IV has pathetic amount of memory.
With 3 channels it has only 2 MPts per channel.
With only one it has full 4Mpts. That is max. That is 8 bits, so 4MBytes

Smallest SDS800xHD has 16bit x 100MPts.  200MBytes.

Whatever Keysight does is not applicable here directly.
In addition to that Keysight does that because otherwise that memory is useless.

Unlike Siglent that uses full memory all the time.
Yes, Siglent uses all the memory all the time.
Unlike Keysight, it keeps historic record of thousands previous triggers.
Similar to Segmented mode, but always running.

That is it's architecture. For long captures you have to deliberately take a long capture, not rely on architectural effect of a device.

As a user of both MSX3000T and several Siglents, all the differences I don't even notice anymore. I just learned you drive them slightly differently....
And then I switch to Picoscope and same thing.
Power/Renewable Energy/EV's / Re: How to test an IR2104/2111?
« Last post by DELTA67 on Today at 03:10:22 pm »
If it's from China, there is a high chance it's fake and even could be relabeled different unrelated IC.
Yes,  I think so!
Forget it, I'll skip this project for the moment until finding a genuine chips.
Thanks for all.
Test Equipment / Re: AOIP PJ6301 schematic
« Last post by masterx81 on Today at 03:08:06 pm »
Came across this thread when googling the model number. Thought I would post some PCB pics incase anyone finds them useful as there is very little info on this thing.

This particular unit is dead as it wa plugged into 230V while switched to 115V. Dont have the time to tinker with it unfortunately. :palm:

Also, first forum post in 6 years. bye bye for now.

Wow, really clean and nice unit.
Seem aged better than mine.
Hope that have fired only few things after the transformer, from the photos not seem that much have smoked.
Comparing the output of this device with a 34401A, seem that it's pretty accurate (at least 4 digits), it's a nice unit, and i think that can be a nice addition to a workbench :D
Let me know if there is something that i can help you for fix it, in my unit that section is good, and i can take measurements/photos..

Maybe, it's possible to have the p/n of the FET, and maybe a photo of the diedes in front of him? I think that who have tried to repair mine before me, have replaced it, and i not know if he used a compatible part.
Really thanks!!
oh  another hardware ????  mmm   i have doubts,  normally    you have to check your windows device manager  where it enumerates,  hardware properties  ....

your station drivers  show firmwares links  not drivers ...  normally theses  install by themselves

if you don't have any exclamation marks in device manager,  you are ok 

pls  do check device manager  before installing any gimmick  ...
Test Equipment / Re: Tek 2465 Horizontal Sweep Issue
« Last post by Orange on Today at 03:03:07 pm »
U700 and U900 are the same hybrid, the are used for the sweep circuits. 155-0240-00 or 155-0240-01

You can try to swap them. See if that works.

They almost never fail is my experience, but you never know, it's easy test.

And for sure check the power supply voltages.

Ok, and how are the steps when the runup finished on the positive side?
Most automotive OEM's write their own EMC/RFI/ESD requirements and restrict who has access to those specifications.  For example, General Motors has their standard GMW3097 (general specification for electrical/electronic components and subsystems, electromagnetic compatability).  It's 82 pages but also references many other ISO and other industry standards for details.  Those are not free, they each must be purchased.

So getting actual specs will require investment on your part.  If your project is just a hobby project, then you can likely find basic enough info from the app notes like AndyC_772 mentioned.

Do you need third party lab certification testing for your project?  If so, then that really gets costly. A new sensor EMC plan for example typically costs betwen $30k to $100k to be performed by certified US labs, depending on the quantity of tests and parts that the OEM requires be tested.
Just a few questions ?
 Can a TDS5054B be "uprated "to a TDS5104B ?. Does the 5054 board have the 1 gig front end limited by ?are the boards the same ?Is it Firmware .
Yes, that *IS* the simplest way, if there aren't going to be any nasty beat effects between the LED driver's internal PWM and the control PWM. Therefore you need to check you can meet the driver's PWM input frequency restrictions, and also check with real hardware.

The ESP32's LEDC (LED control) PWM peripheral has a max. input clock of 80MHz, which for 16 bit resolution limits the max. PWM frequency to 1220Hz.  You want 16 bit resolution to have enough resolution at the low end of the brightness range for smooth dimming after correcting for the eye's logarithmic response.

BiOptics Bio Vison
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next