Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Bug Reports + Firmware
« Last post by 2N3055 on Today at 12:04:30 pm »
Zoom function not working properly after loading mask:
Creating a mask and loading breaks the zoom function. See picture.

Also:
Creating a mask does not show the view that was set up for it.

I really would like that this feature "would" work with the zoom.

It does work.
You did not set it up properly.
Beginners / Re: Do I understand the terminology of voltage/current?
« Last post by tggzzz on Today at 12:04:00 pm »
This is also not entirely true:

By convention, current is said to flow from positive to negative.  So this is clockwise for this circuit.

Inside the battery, current flows from the negative terminal to the positive terminal.

While true, such thoughts can be confusing in the longer term.

It is simpler and more consistent to think (and formulate KCL equations) in terms of the current's direction in/out of a component's more positive terminal.
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Different bases on Amscope microscope
« Last post by Psi on Today at 12:01:32 pm »
A nice thing to do with the double boom arm stands, is get a flexible hose around 7cm diameter and attach it at the back rear of where the microscope head is.
Run the hose back to your fume extractor, which are often dual port anyway so you have a spare port.

It works great to have a fume extractor fixed mounted to the back of the microscope wherever you move it to
I have been looking to see if it's possible to program Arduino boards without the use of a computer. Just wondered if anyone has tried that or if it is just not feasible

Do you want to program via arduino bootloader (serial) , or Atmel ISP ?
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol MSO5000 series oscilloscopes
« Last post by Kean on Today at 11:59:23 am »
@BTO - a few points

The thing about the python script method is that it requires additional IT knowledge of setting up a python environment and a network connection.  Not everyone with a scope has this knowledge, so it is great that you are offering the one-on-one assistance as this is where I think people will become unstuck for a process they will likely only ever do once.

I also have some hesitations with the direct FRAM data modification.  While DrMefistO may have reverse engineered the data format for the licensing, there is always the possibility of something being incorrect and causing weird problems or worst case even bricking the scope.  This is why I believe tv84 was suggesting trying to find a hidden SCPI command to do a similar thing.

Regarding Restore Defaults in the Pre Boot Menu, I believe this is a pretty important step when downgrading firmware as the stored settings are not necessarily backwards compatible and could cause weird behaviour.  In my case it even seemed to be the cause a lockup on reboot until I did this.  It may also be worth using this following an upgrade if there are some unexplained issues.

Regarding the Jitter and Eye Analysis, these are not supported options on the MSO5000 platform.  I believe they are supported on the DS/MSO7000 which shares a similar architecture and common firmware, but has extra processing power.  By all means the options can be enabled, but that doesn't mean they will be useful.  I recall there was some discussion of this in a much earlier part of the thread which you might find with some searches.
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Different bases on Amscope microscope
« Last post by Psi on Today at 11:57:59 am »
Yes articulating ones have serious vibration issues.
Which is obvious, you have a heavy weight at the end of a long arm with multiple joints.

Any time you bump them the microscope shakes for ages.
Looks like JST SH 6 pin series. Take a look for EM-506 sellers, they also often sell a cable with JST socket.

Example: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9123
Test Equipment / Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Last post by tokar on Today at 11:53:32 am »
Device power: DC-DC up - MT3608(SX1308)
Clock (time) DS3231
Voltage source 7.5V - battery + op-amp with input divider (repeater mode).
v0024v. Old autosetup.
DCin 7.5v > autosetup > Vavg - CH1=7.3v CH2=7.3v
DCin 7.5v > set CH1,CH2 DC-AC-DC
Vavg - CH1=7.5v CH2=7.55v

https://youtu.be/1c82FYRV91I
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Last post by markone on Today at 11:52:48 am »
Batronix.

"by mistake" ... good to know.

Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Last post by markone on Today at 11:50:50 am »

-snip

Up to 5-7,000 euros are not really unaffordable for a more powerful amateur or a very small company.
So an SDS3000X HD would be just the thing.

Dunno in Romania, but I would dare to say that 99% of small companys and 100% of amateurs in Italy do NOT spend 5K, or even more, for a fancy DSO ...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next