Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Hello Everyone,

Thanks all for replies  :)
I have this DC electronic load tester. Can this help for basic test during sampling?
Like I keep it set for 12V and 2A and keep adapter ON and see if heats or any abnormal thing happens to adapter?

Thermal Imaging / Re: Raytheon BST tear up for Argus3 parts
« Last post by ArsenioDev on Today at 02:39:06 pm »
Bill, in a fit of boredom I've been slowly reversing the BST array mode of operation and creating CAD models with the end goal of throwing away the old control boards and using my own customized versions.
Microcontrollers / Re: Is ST Cube IDE a piece of buggy crap?
« Last post by dietert1 on Today at 02:36:15 pm »
When i open the last link, i see a red warning "cube will trash your code". It happened to me once. Then i discovered that the generated code contains markup for "user code" that stays protected from code generation. Seems like the author of that web page was unable to discover the scheme, at least i did not see it on his page. Application of these frameworks requires a certain level of insight.
Concerning double generated code the same applies. Try to understand how you got the redundant initialization sequence and you will be able to resolve it. You may have to repeat the initial steps of project setup to see at which step it happens. Cube isn't a random number generator. For example i could invent a setup where the IDE and cube both insert initialization code. The IDE does it to support the CRT for easy main() testing, lets say at some default clock of 4 MHz. Cube does it in great detail according to visual configuration. Now if you include the cortex libraries from arm, it gets even more thrilling.

Regards, Dieter
Test Equipment / Re: Need help hacking DP832 for multicolour option.
« Last post by ee2000 on Today at 02:21:00 pm »
Hi

I just wanted to ask if there are any update on the matter, did you succeed in turning the DL3021 into and DL3021A,
with a permanent solution longer than 1 minute ?

Thanks in advance.

hi there

like I said, in audio circuitry you don't work with impedance matching like in rf circuits; very likely your line out driver could drive 600ohms, but not necessarily; if you see need for a termination, use a 10k resistor each between hot-gnd and cold-gnd, but it's not really needed

the FFT function of most DSOs is rather a toy function than a measurement tool; much better results you get with a higher quality sound card and a piece of software; I use a E-mu 0204 which allows quite reliable measurements in a dynamic range of about 85dB; if you want more, it gets very fast expensive.

an all-in-one notch filter circuit I don't know about; best way is to carefully match the Cs and Rs from a bigger pile and use a very low distortion opamp; if I remember right, I used a OPA2134 for my twin T notch. I followed this guide here: https://sound-au.com/project52.htm
the trickies part is to determine the precise resonance frequency of the filter setting, but that's a one-time work only
Beginners / Re: The Art Of Electronics Lab Course.
« Last post by rstofer on Today at 02:13:01 pm »
Don't overlook the 3rd AoE book "The X Chapters"

https://x.artofelectronics.net/

Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / German datasheet notation?
« Last post by rea5245 on Today at 02:11:53 pm »
Hi. A quick question for German speakers. I have a German datasheet for a Nixie tube. There's a notation on two of the pins that says "ic".

I assume that means "no connection". But what are the German words it's abbreviating?

Thanks.
[attach=1]
Beginners / Re: The Art Of Electronics Lab Course.
« Last post by rstofer on Today at 02:09:10 pm »
There's a sticky at the top of this forum with learning resources.

There are resources all over the Internet for learning electronics at the 'hobby' level and, of course, there are also EE resources for the serious student.  EEVblog has some really excellent "Fundamentals Friday" videos as does w2aew (Google for them).

One problem with EE type courses is that they don't really build anything of value.  Most of the exercises can be pencil whipped and that is more than sufficient.  Why?  Because electronics is a math game.  It's ALL math.  Sometimes parts are added...

Decide right up front whether this is for hobby use or something more serious.  If it's serious, there is a definite structure to the learning process.  DC Circuits -> AC Circuits -> Active Circuits -> RF Circuits and so on.  No, I don't remember the exact sequence but I do remember the problematic courses like Control Systems (Laplace Transforms) and Field Theory (Maxwell's Equations) and a few others.  Actually, I didn't really care for Motors, Rotors and Dynamos all that much either.  All I was really there for was Digital...

As part of the EE program there is a parallel list of math classes.  Remember, electronics is ALL math!  Calc I, Calc II, Differential Equations, Laplace Transforms. Fourier Analysis and the list goes on!

Khan Academy has a specific EE curriculum and Digilent has a Real Analog program.  Both are excellent.

There are many books for hobby level electronics.  Forrest Mims wrote a bunch like "Getting Started In Electronics" and a host of others.  Google for "Forrest Mims books".  Amazon has "Getting Started..." for $20.  Mims has written a LOT of books.  Many are available used at Alibris.com.

It is not universally accepted that Mims' books are the way to go.  It isn't universally accepted that "Art of Electronics" is either.  Remember, AoE was written for an undergrad college level program.  To some extent, the disparity is caused by different expectations.  Some want a book for EE level work and some want something a lot more tame.

Define "learn electronics"...
EEVblog Specific / EEVblog 1412 - Argon Ion Laser TEARDOWN
« Last post by EEVblog on Today at 02:05:26 pm »
Dave tears down the 10W Coherent 300C Argon Ion laser. All 42kg, 1.2m and 24kW worth!

Repair / Re: [SOLVED] HP 34401a - Error 612, 613, 615, 617, 618, 619, 621
« Last post by JohnAH on Today at 02:03:29 pm »
That might be it. The 10V scale is slowly to rises to 9V. It really never gets there.
The 100V scale measures 10V.

Using Fluke Calibrator.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next