Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Hello everyone, I have already tried googling for answers with little luck.
I am interested to know what the difference is between the different AmScope trinocular series are? 3,4,5,6,7?
Looking a a trinocular microscope for soldering, not only for attempting SMD but through hole as well whilst maintaining a more upright sitting posture and still have the depth of view from a stero microscope.
Is it possible to place a secure cap where the camera would go? As I was going to purchase a camera at a later date, but wanted to future proof the microscope.
I have already read some other posts on here regarding microscopes so I will try not as too many more already covered questions.
Approaching the 2nd quarter of 2024 have any brands/models come out within the past few months that are worth considering?  I would like to keep the budget for everything, lenses, adapters, stand, trinoculars, etc under $1200 AUD.
I do like the look of the double arm boom stand style.

Anyway thanks in advance.
Beginners / Re: Comparator problem
« Last post by elki on Today at 09:38:30 am »
I did it like this.

> I tried to do it with a cap but somehow the comparator starts to violently oscillate when I assemble the circuit.

It should not. May be you place capacitor in wrong place? Please, provide us a schematic.
Beginners / Re: display current on scope
« Last post by jpanhalt on Today at 09:34:52 am »
Here are some links on the matter:

https://www.analog.com/en/app-notes/an-105fa.html
https://www.microchip.com/en-us/application-notes/an1332
https://www.dos4ever.com/flyback/flyback.html#ind2

I build a version of the Dekker approach using an inductive pick-up (clamp on style) several years ago as I didn't want to insert any resistance into the circuit.  You might also consider a linear Hall detector.
Beginners / Re: Help identifying these possibly RF/Microwave components?
« Last post by xvr on Today at 09:34:48 am »
Last 3 definitely from USSR. First is some form of transistor set (I think). Second - some logic (not event TTL), last - voltage regulator. Some like 78xx, but more ancient.
I'l try to find some info

К1КТ682Б
    They are a transistor assembly for radio equipment and electronic devices and industrial equipment. Coordination of digital and analog systems in multi-channel data transmission and processing systems in various industrial equipment with tunable electrical characteristics.

К249ЛП1Б
   Logic signal switches K249LP1B, optoelectronic, consisting of a gallium arsenide emitter, a silicon photodiode and an integrated amplifier that provides digital voltage levels at the output for collaboration with TTL microcircuits. Designed for use in general purpose electronic equipment as optocoupler switches - inverters.

142ЕН2Б
  142ЕН2Б chip are compensation-type voltage regulator with an adjustable output voltage of positive polarity 12... 30 V and a load current of 150 mA.
They have short circuit and overload protection and a remote shutdown circuit using an external signal.
An external divider is used to regulate the output voltage.
To improve stability, a pin is provided to connect the internal reference voltage to an external power supply.
Designed to operate in secondary power supplies for special-purpose radio-electronic equipment.
General Technical Chat / Re: new propellantless drive company
« Last post by mikeselectricstuff on Today at 09:32:54 am »
Where's the video showing it working ?
What parts are they?
How long have they been wet/underwater?

I can see its plastic tape, so that's good, it's not paper tape :)

They should be baked to fully dry them off, but chances are good they are probably fine to use if that is done.

One issue is if the water was dirty and got inside each parts compartment through the air holes in the bottom of the tape. It may cause things to get a bit sticky in there and interfere with the PnP machines ability to cleanly removal parts from the tape. And also interfere with soldering if the bottom of the chip is covered in dried on dirt.

There are some parts that might be damaged by water getting inside, MEMS stuff maybe. But usually parts are pretty well sealed up, so as long as they are dried and have not rusted the parts are fine.  It's more the tape itself and any dirt that was in the water that I would be concerned about.

If you have a microscope you could unravel some tape and have a look, see if the parts are still rattling around in their compartment's. That would tell you if water got that far in or not.
Beginners / Re: Comparator problem
« Last post by xvr on Today at 09:28:40 am »
> I tried to do it with a cap but somehow the comparator starts to violently oscillate when I assemble the circuit.

It should not. May be you place capacitor in wrong place? Please, provide us a schematic.
Microcontrollers / Re: Signal filtering - Could this work ?
« Last post by xvr on Today at 09:20:42 am »
> I agree from a math point of view but I had hopes it would kinda work just averaging.

If you hope that introducing a lot of extra math will magically solve your problem I have bad news for you - it will not  :-//

I think that the first that have to do it's take long raw measurement from field and then find out best math (filters/DSP/etc), that will solve your problem (with something like MATCAD). And only after this start to implement algorithms in firmware.
Hi everyone

Could you help with your experience for Using the Wet SMD component (drop in water)?

Can we continue use them for the assembly? What actions should be taken prior using?

What is the potential risk, hidden risk if we use the wet component?

I really need you sharing of exprience to learn.

Thank and Best regards
Test Equipment / Re: Enable FFT function on TDS210/TDS220/TDS224
« Last post by rh100605 on Today at 09:18:52 am »
Having seen the schematic for this board I was interested in how a small PLD decoded the UART and IEE488 chip selects to fool the scope into thinking they were present.
So I downloaded the OPAL suite of programs that includes a 16bit DOS program to reverse the .JED files to the original .PLD file that is compiled by WINCUPL from the Atmel site. I used a 16bit pc emulator (DOSBOX) to run the programs under Windows 10 and shortened file names to the old DOS 8.3 format.

The PLD file below has the same checksum as the one supplied by SD_tony when compiled by WINCUPL

/* JED2EQN -- JEDEC file to Boolean Equations disassembler (Version V002)
; Copyright (R) National Semiconductor Corporation 1990,1991
; Disassembled from TDSMM.JED. Date: 3-10-124
*/
Name     Name ;
PartNo   00 ;
Date     11/03/2024 ;
Revision 01 ;
Designer Engineer ;
Company  m ;
Assembly None ;
Location  ;
Device   g16v8 ; /*Library DLIB-h-40-11 ;*/