Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
I think these ICs are protected against shorts to ground. I would try shorting SO to ground.
I purchased the T2 Pro because of its long distance vision.
The Android app "InfiRay" doesn't always work for me on the Xiaomi 9T and occasionally has to be started several times. It's similar on an Android tablet.
Unfortunately, I haven't found any common free Windows programs yet. The Xtherm 2.0.8 doesn't seem finished and doesn't allow you to select cameras.
An older version from the manufacturer's website https://www.xinfrared.com/pages/download-app shows the selection, but does not work with the new hardware version.
The focus of the T2 Pro can be adjusted up to a close of 18 cm, so an area of approx. 33x44 mm is sharply imaged. That's not enough for me and I experimented with an additional lens (from my Flir E4). This additional lens enables sufficient magnification for working with SMD components.
The two step run-down can work with any starting charge. It just needs a little (but not much) heatroom for the start.  The sequence is not really symmetrical, but it is still the same sequence of steps, just different times.  So not just the same direction for the end, but also all the reference transitions in the same sequence, just with 2 variable times. A condition can be the any of the phases should not be too short as settling at the integrator takes some time.
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Wanted Features
« Last post by tautech on Today at 08:45:03 pm »
Snip....
It might have to do with the fact that the higher-class instruments (which I normally use) have increasingly less buttons on their front panels. The SDS2000X Plus still has Navigate and History buttons, whereas the SDS2000X HD has none of them and SDS3000X HD is the same. Even more importantly: none of them have the back-, pause- and forward-buttons; these are really exclusive to the SDS800X HD - which I only use if I must (e.g. to produce screenshots for a review 😉), because of its small screen and the almost unbearable (for me) high acoustic noise level. Consequently, I’m not used to these buttons at all. I’m rather used to the History button on the front panel, which I’ve consequently programmed into the Quick Action button of all the instruments that don’t have one anymore. Never using auto-hide for the menus adds to the fact that I’m not missing the button navigation at all.

In my opinion, it was a big fail to make the SDS800 so similar to the 1000X-E, despite being a touch scope. Whoever directly upgrades from 800X HD to 2000X HD will complain: “where are all my beloved buttons gone?!” I was the same when I got the SDS2000X HD after I was used to the SDS2000X Plus. Yet I realized pretty quickly that this is now the new trend – most of the front panel dedicated to the screen and less buttons – and that I just have to live with it.
There is good reason SDS2000X and above are all supplied with a wireless mouse.  ;)

The only exception that uses the same compact layout is SDS1000X HD.
Test Equipment / Re: ANENG goes crazy with new meters
« Last post by Kleinstein on Today at 08:40:43 pm »
At least in Germany one should not do anything that need more than a CAT 2 meter without proper training. However reality is a different thing and there are cases that electrical jobs are done also from people who lack the training.  An unsafe meter is a problem especially for beginners - part of the proper training is to avoid situations where one really relies on the meter quality.  So a professional is less at risk from an unsafe meter.  There are not many accidents from unsafe meters, but even just a few are too many.  There no excuse for giving false CAT ratings - that is just plain stupid.

It is good the European customs at least sometimes cares about the regulation and stops some of the unsafe meters. A bit confusing there are sometimes even different meter versions for the EU and other markets (e.g. from uni-T): the EU version can have the better fuse and still the lower and more realistic CAT rating.
Repair / Re: Series defect on agilent 167xx boards?
« Last post by FrodeM on Today at 08:36:07 pm »
I spoke too soon, after removing the rails it no longer pass selftest.

Today I went over with flux, a soldering iron and a microscope. Three of the thin lines that just looked discolorated at a spot ended up disintegrating, so I had to fix that. I also reflowed most components with visible corrosion on the solder pads. Two vias had corrosion into them, but both are connected to planar layers and seems to make connection I figured after a little bit of digging.

I will test it tomorrow, since I need to fix the power-supply of the analyzer again. Despite the grid voltage should be 230V according to the power company, during nighttime it can at times be as high as 240V. Either it's that that blows the regulators, or the PSU has an inherent design defect that triggers if you turn the analyzer off and then on again only a few minutes later.
https://linux-hardware.org/?id=usb:174c-55aa

That's what I found in another (linux related) VID + PID data base:

Code: [Select]
174c  ASMedia Technology Inc.
07d1  Transcend ESD400 Portable SSD (USB 3.0)
1151  ASM1151W
1153  ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge
2074  ASM1074 High-Speed hub
3074  ASM1074 SuperSpeed hub
     -> 5106  ASM1051 SATA 3Gb/s bridge
5136  ASM1053 SATA 3Gb/s bridge
51d6  ASM1051W SATA 3Gb/s bridge
     -> 55aa  ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge, ASM1153E SATA 6Gb/s bridge

The read out PID via flash tool seems to be wrong (55AA indicates ASM1051E) but in reality it is a ASM1051 without E.
Does it matter if 55AA or 5106 is used? Should I correct it (5106 resp. ASM1051)?

I would suggest that you identify the serial EEPROM/flash and short the DI or DO pins while powering up the enclosure.
This will invalidate the external memory and cause the bridge to operate as a generic device until the next power cycle.
If the result is what you want, then you could permanently disable the chip.

It's a serial EEPROM 25L0512:

Can shorting SI or SO to GND kill the IC?

Hi! I am a fellow TEA sufferer, with a focus on the voltnuttery side of things. A particularly deep 

I thought I should say hello!

Must be an ePay thing then.

I'm many times too far from Japan, or something like that.

I always thought it was some kind of error. But I also saw a lot of listings with free shipping from Japan. I Never tried to buy one though.

I was also surprised when I saw free shipping from Japan. I needed a programmable, high precision current source and I saw an Advantest R6144 in mint condition from a Japanese seller for a reasonable price a couple of months ago on eBay. It was sent with FedEx at no extra cost and it arrived very quickly. It works perfectly. I was charged import VAT and the FedEx service charge of course, but that was quick and painless.

So if there is something in Japan that interests you, these free shipping deals seem to be genuine. These free shipping deals make US sellers very expensive option now if you are in the EU. I noticed that shipping prices from the US seem to have nearly doubled recently.

I thought people might like to hear from someone who has taken advantage of free shipping from Japan. Just make sure that what you buy can be reconfigured for 230V operation if you are in Europe! It cannot be taken for granted.

Because I'm not afraid to use the common words for the sounds I'm trying to mask:  urine hitting the toilet when I'm standing up while urinating and farting.

One of the sounds you're trying to mask is probably similar to this.

Well, you could just "double down" and play the above or something similar. Of course, this may be counterproductive.

You can try to mask that with pink/brown noise. (Use in a second tab to play around with what that might sound like!) Frankly, I wasn't impressed. This seems slightly less objectionable, but IMHO the most pleasing results come from trying to harmonize with the running-water sounds rather than simply drown them out. To that end, I came up with this (which includes running-water noise; I'd keep that because, even though it "adds" the very noise you're trying to hide, having those sounds always present should make the actual noises you're trying to disguise less noticeable).

Unfortunately, the... other problem noise is, well, more of a problem. Because it's subject to much more variability in terms of volume, pitch and duration, it's hard to blend it with something else. You potentially need a fair bit of raw volume if you're going to effectively mask it, and the sorts of sounds that will do the job are much less pleasing than the semi-pastoral sounds from my suggestion for dealing with the first sort of noise.
Test Equipment / Re: Rigol DMM DM858 comparison thread
« Last post by UFOdriver on Today at 08:33:19 pm »
Not working upgrade from DM858E to DM858
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next