Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Beginners / Re: Comparator problem
« Last post by iMo on Today at 08:09:37 am »
An input voltage divider, like two resistors such you get the input to say 2.5V with the 250mV pulse on top of it??
PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: In search of: CADSTAR for DOS
« Last post by hello188 on Today at 08:05:37 am »
Hi, Can you share some info about where I can get that "upload" utility?

I also need to work on the data which was done more than 30 years ago.

Thanks
PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: Seeking Cadstar for DOS, or Cadstar "Upload" program
« Last post by hello188 on Today at 08:03:32 am »
Hi,

I am also searching for the utility.

Can you share some info, if you have found it?

Thanks
Beginners / Comparator problem
« Last post by elki on Today at 08:00:55 am »
I am a bit stuck with solving the following problem. I have an input pulse of about 500ns and the amplitude of 500mV biased by +5V. I would like to compare the amplitude of this pulse (without taking into account the bias voltage) to some threshold value of let's say 100mV. The problem is that I use AD8561 with +5V single supply. I am looking for any suggestion on how to optimize the input pulse circuitry to have the input pulse with +5V bias removed. I tried to do it with a cap but somehow the comparator starts to violently oscillate when I assemble the circuit. Thanks a lot in advance.
General Technical Chat / Re: Do you think an LED is a resistor?
« Last post by Siwastaja on Today at 07:59:17 am »
So,

A resistor is a component, which is purposely made resistor-like.

Most people would agree that to be resistor-like, there are two conditions;

1) Absence (or minimizing) of capacitive and inductive behavior, in other words, lack of time-dependent state (voltage and current are in relationship at any point in time, but not in relationship based on their history)

2) Linearity of the relationship between voltage and current, such that a simple scalar constant defines the relationship.

Sredni accepts (1) but doesn't accept (2).

Second condition is sometimes relaxed - e.g. variable resistors, thermistors, light-dependent resistors - but they are never called just "resistors", but with resistor only as part of the full name.

I don't suggest renaming something which already has another name, though, such as "light-emitting diode", as "non-linear light emitting resistor", even if you technically could. Maybe if it was originally named that way, we would be fine with the name. Then we would likely see Sredni creating a thread about how this non-linear resistor should be actually called a "diode".
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the HDO1k/HDO4k Rigol 12 bit scope
« Last post by dave2 on Today at 07:58:57 am »
Thank you for the quick reply! I have looked again at the instructions and am sure I have followed to the letter. I expected the code generator to parse the "key.data" file and that it would be in English.

I ran from a user account on W10 that may not have user privileges. So I retried from the start using the administrator account but still returns in Chinese. I continued with the go batch file anyway but it complains about the key.data file. I also added the path of the go.bin folder and android folder to the system environment in W10. Still no luck

Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by eTobey on Today at 07:53:45 am »
... but still we mostly undertand... if we want.

I'm trying to understand, not playing "language police".
I actually tried to improve each others communication/language skills, and at the same time question my understanding of a term, since it seems that i need some improvement too on my communication skills.
Your schematics differ. Once you have the signal generator at the output, once in the input. Therefore perhaps that 180 shift.
Is the Version 01.03.02.02 that was used sucessful available somewhere to download?

@BTO, if you have the 01.03.02.02, could you provide that on your Mega drive please?

Thanks a lot, Seppeltronics
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next