Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Beginners / Re: buying a oscilloscoop
« Last post by scroeffie on Today at 10:13:45 am »
back again have 2 questions .are these any good for me as a beginner   https://www.eleshop.nl/owon-oscilloscope-probes-2kv.html

second question we think we have found the problem of my ibm psu these 2 optos are not working corectly anymore and they are very old like 30+ years old
the monitor also has been working like around the clock in a factory crt monitor is a ibm 8514 there is no schematic that i can find ,other than this small problem \
i already did a full recap some caps where dead .
if any one has a schematic or knows where what kind of replacement i could buy please let me know     :-+
General Technical Chat / Re: new propellantless drive company
« Last post by iMo on Today at 10:12:58 am »
I had a quick look at the patent, and frankly the patent clerk AlbertE would laugh.
In the patent they state the stuff works in an enclosed system. So you have got something generatig a force inside a closed box and it should propell somewhere? That is against the fundamental laws of physics, imho.
They should apply for the Nobel prize as well..
Does it seem to work?  I wonder if you can get by without the manual.

Give it a visual inspection inside before trying it, to make sure there are no burnt parts, or any of those leaking wet tantalum capacitors that were commonly used in some 60s & 70s test gear.

David
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by eTobey on Today at 10:10:06 am »
I am glad that my input cleared things up.

When i ask specific questions i usually want to clear things up, but often people just get annoyed by it. (I once did this in a company, asking why someone did push a button... oh boy he got mad.)
I would say not ...  while i salute the projects,  they can not compare to well designed lm399  and ltz1000  ones or the AD xxx series too

to check 6.5 digits meters you need more ...

Resistors references   are weak ... say ordinary
Repair / Re: Equipment safeguards to protect equipment
« Last post by electronbean on Today at 10:06:08 am »
The suggestion about the air being too hot around the equipment is correct. I have positioned the equipment in such a way that it is elevated above the surface, at least 10cm from it, allowing for better air circulation. However, despite this setup, the thermal fuse continues to blow.

I suspect the issue may be related to the extractor hood. The thermal fuse doesn't blow the first time the equipment is used. Over the past few weeks, I've had to replace the thermal fuse several times. Sometimes it blows after the third use, other times after the tenth, and sometimes after the sixth. The behavior seems random, but the conditions remain consistent (the extractor hood is always connected to the same circuit, and the rice cooker is suspended about 10cm above the surface).

Do you have any ideas? I'm considering purchasing some equipment to connect between the appliance and the wall plug to protect against potential issues that may be occurring more frequently (I know, sounds stupid and random decision but I don't really don't know where to look - I don't have oscilloscope).

Thank you.

Side note: To those genuinely here to contribute to a constructive technical discussion, I extend my thanks. To others who come here to spread negativity, I suggest you find a more productive use of your time.
Beginners / Prop Firm Challenge Pass - Elevate Your Trading Career
« Last post by finrisen on Today at 10:04:21 am »
Elevate your trading career by passing the prop firm challenge with our expert help. Our services offer the guidance and strategies you need to succeed and gain funding. Transform your trading journey today.
Repair / Re: IGBT Substitution. Advice / help needed.
« Last post by acemc on Today at 10:01:46 am »
Thanks you so much David. I'll put them in & let you know the outcome.
General Technical Chat / Re: new propellantless drive company
« Last post by wraper on Today at 10:01:24 am »
AFAIK EmDrive was repeatedly tested by different teams. Those which were able to produce any detectable force later turned out to be measurement flaws.
Beginners / Re: Power supply output transistors
« Last post by multime on Today at 09:59:33 am »
xavier60

Thats ok i was just curious. thanks for the pics. Just the word microcontroller has sent me running for the hills.  :o
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next