Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Repair / Re: hair straigtener fuse?
« Last post by tggzzz on Today at 11:21:52 pm »
but I am suspicious of someone uploading 2 blurry ass pictures, i.e. troll

Trolling could be an explanation, but given the OPs many posts here there and everywhere, I don't think he is trolling. I think his posts can be taken at face value, which is arguably worse.
Jobs / Re: how to promote himself
« Last post by Smokey on Today at 11:21:32 pm »
Sorry if this sounds too harsh, but your "about" page sounds ChatGPT created. 

Key Highlights:
⚙️ Embedded Systems Mastery: Proficient in the development of embedded systems, I bring a wealth of experience in designing robust and efficient solutions for diverse applications.

🛬 Mission-Critical Projects: Successfully contributed to and led projects in mission-critical environments, where reliability, performance, and precision are non-negotiable.

🦾 Industrial Prowess: Specializing in industrial electronics, I have a proven track record of creating solutions that enhance automation, control, and monitoring processes in industrial settings.

👨‍🔬 Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration: Adept at collaborating across disciplines, I have worked seamlessly with cross-functional teams to bring multidimensional projects to fruition.

📚 Continuous Learning: Committed to staying at the forefront of technological advancements, I embrace a mindset of continuous learning, ensuring that my skill set is always aligned with the latest industry trends.

Do you have "Embedded Systems Mastery", or are you just "Proficient"?
I assume you've tried paste flux in a syringe with a fine tip and don't like it?
Or a small squeeze bottle (big clive style)?

Looks like similar thing here for $2: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806458874298.html

Maybe look around for alternate hobbies like painting, cuticle pen, etc.: https://www.holotaco.com/products/nail-oil-pen

A few comments:
Using a 12 V relay with a 5 V supply is not a good idea.
Your "diode snubber" is not a good solution. It will delay release and increase contact burn. Use a 12...18 V bidirectional tranzorb instead.

How big is your toroid? If over 300 VA, you'll likely need soft start.

Oops! Yeah... it's the same footprint for all the SMPSU's but it'll need to be 12V or 5V for sure. The transformer is 50VA.
Beginners / Re: How to Kill Yourself with an Isolation Transformer
« Last post by tggzzz on Today at 11:17:28 pm »
If that offends anybody, it says lots about them and nothing about you :)

It is very difficult to accurately assess all possible risk/failure mechanisms. That has to be factored into plans and procedures. Unfortunately some of the reasons behind some of the more obscure procedures is.easily omitted and forgotten.

Too many people think (I use that word loosely) that if they can't recognise/understand a risk, then it doesn't exist.

Beginners think about how things work. Professionals think about how things fail.
Repair / bad Suzuki SAS (Steering Angle Sensor) IC identification
« Last post by kahe.becumu on Today at 11:17:01 pm »
Hello,
I have a broken Suzuki SAS (Steering Angle Sensor) that I am trying to fix, and there are a few ICs I had no luck identifying, I tried to google them and search various websites without luck.
I am trying to find the datasheets of those ICs.
any help provided is appreciated
never had any problems with sata / ide dock  and many removed hdd from pc's,  from old era w9x  and up  ...

I have seen hundreds (?) of cases in various storage forums.

USB adapters silently change the sector size:
https://www.klennet.com/notes/2018-04-14-usb-and-sector-size.aspx
Microcontrollers / Re: Interesting job advert.
« Last post by coppice on Today at 11:08:59 pm »
I think "emotional intelligence" is a misnomer anyway. Emotions and intelligence are pretty much orthogonal features of our brain. Sure there can be feedback loops between the two, but still, the term is pretty bad.
Although emotional intelligence is clearly a term from the marketing department, these two things have a strong connection. In most people, emotions easily and effectively shut down the brain's intellectual processes.
I have used scopes for at least 20 years in watchmaking.  I do general bench work at about 15x with the scope set at 30X and a .5x barlow (15x widefield eyepieces.  For inspection, I have a SZ7 and we use it to 70x.  At the lathe, I may go to 40X.

It is a function of field of view, magnification/resolution image brightness, working distance, and head position (the lower the barlow, the higher the scope needs to be).  Generally anything that sez it yields over 100x for under a couple grand is a toy.

Change mag range with barlow, not eyepieces  For my money, the BL15X ultrawides are the best value for money. Large exit pupil, field of view and bright. Many are used by astronomers.

I am talking optical scopes by the way.
Microcontrollers / Re: How do you search for a microcontroller ?
« Last post by Smokey on Today at 11:08:15 pm »
Step 1: Start with a uC that you are already familiar with, already own the programmer for, and have previous code projects to start from.
Step 2: See what's in stock at Digikey.
Step 3: ...
Step 4: Profit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next